Viewing FreeBasic.pdf

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Peter_G

Viewing FreeBasic.pdf

Post by Peter_G »

Having an annoying problem viewing the FreeBasic.pdf manual using the usual Adobe Acrobat Reader. It seems that all text to the right of a certain fixed position is truncated (missing).

As far as I know there are no settings in the reader that can affect this. I'm using Win7Prof and the Reader says it's 32 bit even though the system is 64 bit.

Has anyone else experienced this (and cured it!!) or is it a peculiarity of my system? Help would be much appreciated.
SARG

Re: Viewing FreeBasic.pdf

Post by SARG »

Pdf or Chm file ?
If chm : Open the properties of the file and at the bottom tick the case UNLOCK.
Peter_G

Post by Peter_G »

Thanks for that thought - unfortunately I am using the .pdf version. Maybe there is something similar in Adobe?
SARG

Post by SARG »

Where did you find it ?
Are you sure that it's up to date ?
fxm

Post by fxm »

A downloaded '.pdf' file (similar to a downloaded '.chm' file) can also be blocked.
To unblock it, always use the same method from the File Explorer:
Open File Explorer and right-click on the file. Click on 'Properties'. Click on 'Unblock'. If Unblock is not available, the file is not blocked.

Note:
The official FreeBASIC manual is either the one-line wiki, or the daily built freebasic_manual.chm file (after download, the file must be unblocked as above).
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

Peter_G
if your OS is Linux then if you haven't already installed a chm viewer then I suggest that you install xchm or similar, then you can use the UpToDate FB manual