Hex Factor 1.0 Released

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Just as I am defensive about my game, D.J.Peters is defensive about FBSound.

@D.J.Peters
I personally like FBSound and think the work you've done is very impressive. I don't have, and have never had any issue with sound and I will continue to use it.

I am not going to lose any sleep because a few people are having some difficulties running my game. I will optimize and improve upon it. But my experience in developing software (22+ Years) is that you can spend "FOREVER" tweaking this and that. There comes a time when it MUST be released. Since I am the sole developer, I choose that time.

Cheers!
-Vince
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I'm not speaking bad out it. I said I don't know.

Anyway, if the library was easier to use and install I would prolly use it. As this is not the case...I've chosen the easier road.
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Anyway, I remember Lynn's Legacy and The Griffon Legend hogging 100 % CPU power (no SLEEP!) and nobody complained about it.
I guess those people thought it might be silly to complain since their computer would have to be outdated by at least 10 years to use 100% cpu on LL. My computer from '99 used about 30%.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Well, maybe it was not LL. But I remember clearly that quite few early FB games had this...defect.
thesanman112

hehehe

Post by thesanman112 »

I cant help it....I got to put me 2 cents in,

I believe that its just a bad combination of hardware and software...why does one program run so good on slow machine , then put it on fast machine and it seems to be very quirky?? I have no fREEKin idea, I do however like to try my program on more than one computer to see what it does...and I almost always find things that should be changed to make it run right on another machine, things that I over look, and things that just dont wanna work right on some machines...But there is an upside...In 18 months computer power doubles, and in 18 months I usually get an hour or two to program something!!!!

I say buy a cheap pentium 3 laptop and run some of your software on it and see what it does, you will be surprised, trust me! You will find changing a few lines of code, or even triming some of the higher level functions makes a major difference!!!
vdecampo

Re: Hex Factor 1.0 Released

Post by vdecampo »

Updated download link in original post.

-Vince
leopardpm

Post by leopardpm »

vdecampo wrote:Updated download link in original post.

-Vince
8 years later? wow, now that is what I call "product support"!

good job, BTW
Tourist Trap

Post by Tourist Trap »

leopardpm wrote:
vdecampo wrote:Updated download link in original post.

-Vince
8 years later? wow, now that is what I call "product support"!

good job, BTW
It's like good wine! It's better old.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

Updated game link in first post.

Cheers
-Vince