FB_GUI V1.20.5 (New Release Dec 19, 2019)

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

Which example are you trying to compile / run?
SotSvart

Post by SotSvart »

The last I tested I think it was called "slider.bas", but if I dont rememer wrong all examples crashed when selecting "File" in the menu. The origional .exe's works as expected, the error only happens after I recompiling them myself.. Cant test anything right now, because I'm at work.

What editor do you use? I ask because when opening the examples in FBedit, there seems to be missing some Line feeds. The files compile as long as I dont save them with FBedit.
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

@SotSvart

The Slider.BAS example compiled and ran for me. I've used WinXP SP3 and Win7 without a problem.

For what it's worth, I use FBIDE as my editor / IDE.
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

Here's a screenshot of the new TextBox control that supports mouse, arrow key, end / home for cursor movement. Also enables Copy and Paste from clipboard. Text will autoscroll if string is too long for control size.

Download executable here:

https://sites.google.com/site/freebasic ... r_Demo.zip
nobozoz

Post by nobozoz »

At the link given below,

http://sites.google.com/site/freebasicg ... -downloads

I can't find a download link for FB_GUI V1.20.2, only for FB_GUI V1.20.1.

Thanks
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

Oops. I placed the new FB_GUI.ZIP package in the /examples folder.

FB_GUI_V1.20.2 is now available in the Downloads folder.
Gablea

Post by Gablea »

Hi Guys,

I Have been reading this post with some intrest and I just wanted to ask if it is possible to use the GUI in DOS?

I currenlty do not have a machine that is running PURE DOS but I may be getting one soon and I just wanted to know if it was worth the effort to update one of my old text applciations to use the GUI componets from here.

Many thanks
Andy
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

FB_GUI has a few Windows dependencies... like using the File_Open_Dialog. These could be removed without too much trouble. I don't have a machine that boots to DOS anymore, so I've never attempted to make a DOS version.

On another note... I discovered some glitches in the new TextBoxCur widget when an extended keyboard (keypad) is available. These are now fixed and will be updated this weekend.
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

New updates to FB_GUI on 11/21/2010. See first page of this thread for URL.
owen

Post by owen »

detect command button focus
when mouse is over a button does it get focus then or only when clicked?
BasicScience

Post by BasicScience »

The Button has four states:

1) Disabled - will not respond to mouse, color is "grayed" out

2) Enabled - will respond to mouse, normal color, mouse not on button

3) GotFocus - mouse over button, but not clicked. Dashed line appear around internal edges of button

4) Clicked - pseudo 3D depressed image of button. If you hold the mouse button down continuously, then you will see the clicked state.

You must release the mouse will still over the "button" control in order to trigger a button click event. In other words, if you keep the mouse pressed and move off the button control, then an event is not triggered.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi all

I am looking to spend some spare time to move away from CGUI.
When I selected CGUI many years ago, nobody in the FB community had an equivalent. So, I have been hooked into it ever since. Additionally I mainly used it Dos.
After searching the forum, it appears that FB_GUI is still actively worked on, and thus may take advantage of any FB improvements etc.

I have some question / statements that hi-lite possible differences which may or may not bother me in the final application. Would really like to hear if it can or how these are handled in FB_CGUI.

1. Put jpg/bmp files onto buttons
2. Adding a button creates a reference number that can be used in the logic of the program to
confirm what button called it.
3. Some of my buttons represent an Led, and I use Allegro Blit to change colour.
4. Images are loaded early in the program, and can then later be referenced by a number ie: Led.bmp(x) to place them.
5. Creating a bitmap with a statement like Led.bmp(x) = Create_Bitmap(15,15)
6. CGUI has a statement that automates the handling of events.
Mainly calling the main program loop.But then once I call ProcessEvents, it will continually process all events. I have to assume that CGUI has it's own events in the queue. I don't fully understand it. An example would be where I am controlling my machine using inputs and outputs. The operator opens an Edit window, and increments a value. Once this window is open, it must not use any more cpu time until the first increment mouse click is made. The updated value is immediatly available to other processes.

These are the main worries that I have. Committing myself to a new GUI and then finding out it is inferior would be a disaster.

Regards

Edit: here is example of screens. http://www.compu-weigh.com.au/batch/Screens.html
TJF

Post by TJF »

Committing yourself to FB_GUI and then finding out you'll need cross-platform or I18N capability would be a disaster.

Did you consider using GTK+? It's used by a lot of applications.

No problem to handle your requirements. And lots of additional stuff to improve your software step by step.
Dinosaur

Post by Dinosaur »

Hi all

TJF, I agree with the concept of GTK and the reason you suggested it, but boy it is a bit overwhelming when you start following the links.

It may take a day or two, just to decide where to start reading.

Regards
TJF

Post by TJF »

Dinosaur wrote:... but boy it is a bit overwhelming when you start following the links.

It may take a day or two, just to decide where to start reading.
Perhaps you'll find someone with this know-how to create a GTK mockup for your application. An empty code frame to show and handle the GUI. He can work as a consultant when you add your code into the prototyp source.