Console based GUI/SDK Window Maker

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
Jerry Fielden

Console based GUI/SDK Window Maker

Post by Jerry Fielden »

EzeeGUI will create full working Example windows or just Window/control addresses.

Many Controls are supported, such as:

Editbox, Buttons, ListBox, ComboBox, CheckBox, Radio Buttons, ListViews, RichEdit, ReadOnly, Static control, Progress Bar, Horizontal TrakBar, Vertical TrackBar, Messagebox maker, Rectangles, Round Rectangles, Circles, Ovals, Hatches, Horizontal Etched Lines, Vertical Etched Lines, Bitmaps in Buttons, Bitmaps in Static control, Style changes, Etc..

http://www.freewebs.com/fielden/
Last edited by Jerry Fielden on Jun 01, 2005 14:05, edited 3 times in total.
DML

huh?

Post by DML »

I don't see the point of making a GUI maker in a Windows Console...port it to DOS and then I can see the point..
Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

Hello all,

Anybody interested in adding a Drop Down Menu to their SDK programs, EzeeGUI Beta 2.9 now supports it.

In case anybody missed it, when EzeeGUI is resident in the FBC directory, you get Instant Preview when you hit Enter. When creating a Menu, don't use Preview until through with Menu. After you hit Esc when you complete your Menu, you can hit Enter and then you can play with your Menu.

The Included text file will cover Menu creation in detail. It's fast and Easy, only 3 steps to remember. Type a Name, click on Insert or Append.

Later..........Jerry Fielden
diakin

Re: Console based GUI/SDK Window Maker

Post by diakin »

Jerry Fielden wrote:EzeeGUI will create full working Example windows or just Window/control addresses.

Many Controls are supported, such as:

Editbox, Buttons, ListBox, ComboBox, CheckBox, Radio Buttons, ListViews, RichEdit, ReadOnly, Static control, Progress Bar, Horizontal TrakBar, Vertical TrackBar, Messagebox maker, Rectangles, Round Rectangles, Circles, Ovals, Hatches, Horizontal Etched Lines, Vertical Etched Lines, Bitmaps in Buttons, Bitmaps in Static control, Style changes, Etc..

It's nice work, but you can easy develope full functional visual designer for FreeBasic, using Rapid-Q to create EzeeGUI, instead current console-based version.

WBR, Andrew
Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

Hello all,

I did a facelift, made the Grid a little smaller and put all the selections that was in the 'Other' menu on the screen making them visible all the time. So you don't have to go to a menu to find the rest of the controls.

The selections all reside on ascii buttons that sink when clicked on. Looks almost like GUI. After the selection frame is anchored on the grid, you can run the Mouse arrow over the buttons and it will show a better definition of the button at the bottom of the grid.

The last version had a MenuMaker, but this version monitors what is entered into the Menu and if you append Open, Save and Exit, it will create the dialogs for you and place it in the generated code. When you run the code and click on any one of those selection in your menu, it will display the dialogs.

In the last versions a GUI Preview was possible if you placed EzeeGUI in the FreeBasic compiler directory. Now Codeview is possible from Paul's JfishPro or from NotePad if JfishPro isn't in the FBC directory.

If anybody is interested in giving it a look, you can downloded it from here:

Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

I uploaded a new version, 1.6, that should work with the new Headers for fb.15 test version. I hope. I've tried all of the supported controls with XP and 98. I haven't tried 95 yet.

It won't work with fb.14, you'll have to use EzeeGui 1.5. I have them both posted at the same place.

Click on EzeeGUI.EXE to run the program, it will have a Black Icon.

If you have Fbide or JfishPro in the FBC directory, It will use either of them to preview the code instead of NotePad.

Jim Barlow

EzeeGUI Save & Open Projects?

Post by Jim Barlow »

Is it possible to save a your work in EzeeGUI and open it later?
Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

No it's not setup to save projects. Sorry

It's was a quick simple designer that took about a Month and a half to program the original. Not to many extras was added except it generated quite a bit of working API sample code.

The only code you can save is that generated.

Later........Jerry Fielden
Jim Barlow

Post by Jim Barlow »

I greatly appreciate efforts to bring this fine tool to FreeBASIC. It makes life a lot easier for a Noob like me.
Nodtveidt

Post by Nodtveidt »

Jerry Fielden wrote:No it's not setup to save projects. Sorry

It's was a quick simple designer that took about a Month and a half to program the original. Not to many extras was added except it generated quite a bit of working API sample code.

Wait a second here...so what you're saying is that every time someone wants to create a GUI, they have to design it from scratch and cannot at a later time load it up and make some changes? If that is the case...you have a serious failure on your hands...that should have been among the FIRST things you implemented!
Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

Thanks Jim, Glad you liked it. At least one person likes it. <grin>

I wrote this thing for me and I posted it in case somebody else wanted to give it a try.

I didn't want to get into all that project stuff, I just wanted something kind of like a form that would write completed examples that would remind me how it goes. I don't do enough API programming to remember all that stuff. I prefer the consoles.

EzeeGUI happened to be the First, but there's others out there being created that might be more to some people's liking.

I knew when I posted it that some people would probably dislike it, it being a console.

Anyway, here a little update. I added, fixed, and changed some stuff.

Kcproductionz

Post by Kcproductionz »

Nodtveidt wrote:
Jerry Fielden wrote:No it's not setup to save projects. Sorry

Wait a second here...so what you're saying is that every time someone wants to create a GUI, they have to design it from scratch and cannot at a later time load it up and make some changes? If that is the case...you have a serious failure on your hands...that should have been among the FIRST things you implemented!
Shut up.
Nodtveidt

Post by Nodtveidt »

Kcproductionz wrote:Shut up.
Nice and immature, kiddo...
Kcproductionz

Post by Kcproductionz »

Thanks, I didnt know I needed to show maturity to such a horrible critic.
DrV
Site Admin

Post by DrV »

I agree with Nodveidt, for what it's worth. I don't consider him a "horrible critic" for pointing out a critical (at least from my point of view) flaw. I mean no offense against the author, but it is something I would look for before using such a program.