Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
fxm

Re: Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

Post by fxm »

The day after each release of commits, I use your fbc win32 and win64 builds to test the changes so I can properly update the documentation.
Without daily fbc build, the documentation would not be validated in real time and therefore also not for the official version release.
I also use the manual's build to mainly check if there are any formatting problems between the wiki and the *.chm file.
fxm

Post by fxm »

St_W wrote: Jun 06, 2022 14:21 Also Java 1.8 support will be discontinued by Jenkins soonish, which means I'll either have to stop making the build server available publically for security reasons or do the upgrade and stop providing DOS builds (built on Windows XP only supporting Java up to 1.8 and connected via Java Web Start not supported by Java 11 anymore)...
Continuing to provide the builds except the DOS builds is the least bad situation for me (see above).
(more obviously the manual's build)
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

Last couple of months I've been using a mingw.org to msdos-djgpp cross compiler with reasonable success. It has worked best with the full package installed and the DJGPP environment set-up. It's a little flaky using just bits and pieces in an fbc only standalone. I'm using the win package using gcc 9.3 built by Andrew Wu. https://github.com/andrewwutw/build-djg ... s/tag/v3.0

However, to actually run the test-suite and build the release package, I'm still switching to winxp, which can handle the mingw.org + djgpp build environment I have configured.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W,
(https://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/)

All builds seem to be blocked, including the manual's build.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W,
(https://users.freebasic-portal.de/stw/builds/)

New fbc's builds this morning but not yet the one for the manual.
St_W

Post by St_W »

For some reason it ran into a timeout (took longer than 2 hours), but as far as I saw last night's build completed successfully. Before there were some general internet connectivity issues. Better internet connection (fiber ... finally) is coming soon.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Manual's builds have failed for the last 11 days, and fbc's builds for 5 days.
Last edited by fxm on Jul 15, 2022 4:33, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Updated.
fxm

Post by fxm »

The fbc's build and the manual's build have again been blocked for several days.
Without fbc's build, I can't properly update the documentation following the changes because I can't test them.
Without manual's build, I can't test the updated documentation formatting for a '.chm' file.
St_W

Post by St_W »

Thanks for the report; I'm aware of the issue but haven't had the time to drive to the machine yet (as it's not reachable via remote connection anymore) and have a look what's wrong (e.g. there may be some Internet connectivity issues due to the construction work taking place there currently). I'll have a look today in the evening, but can't promise anything yet.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@Jeff,

When you test code changes for fbc, maybe you build fbc versions at the same time or are they easy to build?
If I could have a private link to binary standalone builds for Windows (32-bit, 64-bit) when the St_W's builds are broken, that would be wonderful for my documentation updates!
SARG

Post by SARG »

@fxm
My own version (64bit) with the last updates :
https://users.freebasic-portal.de/sarg/fbc64_gas64.exe

For 32bit I could build it. Just a bit of work.
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks, but rather I'm looking for a more complete zip with fbc.exe, and also bin/inc/lib directories, like the one of St_W.
SARG

Post by SARG »

I'm not able to compile the rtlib, etc but since the lastest St_W's build there was no changes so you can use mine for testing the compiler itself.
fxm

Post by fxm »

My need for the more recent version is really only needed when the corresponding changes cause the documentation to be updated.
This is not the case for the latest recent changes.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

fxm, I suggest that you install msys2 so that you can build FB and the manual :)
Last edited by srvaldez on Jul 17, 2022 13:22, edited 1 time in total.