Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
fxm

Re: Where can I get a Recent-Git-Build of FreeBASIC?

Post by fxm »

Updated last night (first changes for the 1.10.0 version).
SARG

Post by SARG »

Thanks I guess the page (in my Chrome) not refreshed automatically this morning.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W

Two new rounds of commits on April 10 and April 15 (see https://github.com/freebasic/fbc/commits/master), but no new fbc's builds since April 9.
(new manual's builds work)
St_W

Post by St_W »

Thanks for the hint! restarted the system (Windows Updates) and freed up some disk space (had only a few 100MB left) now it should be working again 😎
fxm

Post by fxm »

Thanks St_W.
It's good now.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W

Again, a new set of commits on April 24 morning (see https://github.com/freebasic/fbc/commits/master), but no new fbc's builds.
(OK for manual's build)
St_W

Post by St_W »

hm :-/
It hung again in a strange state where the service itself was alive but didn't respond to webrequests anymore. Updated Jenkins + plugins ... hope that fixes it, otherwise I've no idea why it fails. Triggered the upload of the recent builds manually. Documentation build is not affected because only the FreeBasic builds fetch the build-changelog (sample) via Jenkins' web endpoints.
fxm

Post by fxm »

@St_W

Again, new sets of commits (see https://github.com/freebasic/fbc/commits/master), but no new fbc's builds.
(OK for manual's build)
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

@fxm
until a minor correction is made to line 1196 in fbc.bas the automatic build will fail, I tried to send you a PM but you have that disabled
fxm

Post by fxm »

@Jeff, @srvaldez,

Yes, untyped declaration at line 1196 of fbc.bas.
Correction is easy.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

@srvaldez, thanks for the report. That one slipped through.

I mostly develop on standalone windows versions and evidently the automated testing (Travis-CI) only tests the standalone builds. I didn't think to test in a normal build on linux thinking any troubles would have been caught by our CI tests. That's something I will have to look out for in future. Thanks.

Should be now fixed in fbc/master. I built a normal fb set-up and tested on linux, so should be fixed now for St_W's daily builds. If it is still broke, feel free to send me a message right away. I might not respond right away but if it's important I will look in to it as soon as I have the time. Thanks!
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

thank you coderJeff :D
fxm

Post by fxm »

Still no St_W's daily build for fbc (so I can't test '__FB_IIF__' !).
In contrast, the manual's build still works.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

@St_W, the latest changes are working for me. I did make some changes to fbc's makefile. I dunno, if you have some customization in config.mk or config-post.mk, or you are overriding makefile variables, that could be a cause.
St_W

Post by St_W »

It seems tonight's upload worked again, but previously a few ones failed. I had a look into the logs and it seems to be the same issue as recently, where the web-endpoint of the Jenkins server was not reachable (on localhost!) for some strange reason. It's not the build itself that's failing, but the upload.

As it is working currently and I didn't do any changes since at least a week it must have self-healed itself somehow. The last change I did was updating Jenkins and Tomcat. Unfortunately just can invest very little time into all of this, which doesn't allow me to do any deeper debugging or even transfer the pipeline to a different system (e.g. Azure Pipelines). If anyone else wants to do this I'm happy to support as far as I can, just let me know. Linux builds are already built by https://app.travis-ci.com/github/freebasic/fbc (set up by dkl long ago) but other targets are more difficult :-/

Also Java 1.8 support will be discontinued by Jenkins soonish, which means I'll either have to stop making the build server available publically for security reasons or do the upgrade and stop providing DOS builds (built on Windows XP only supporting Java up to 1.8 and connected via Java Web Start not supported by Java 11 anymore). see also https://www.jenkins.io/doc/administrati ... uidelines/