Playing Card Object

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
bcohio2001

Playing Card Object

Post by bcohio2001 »

In the "Archives" a while back was rdc's Card Object.
Here is my take on it.

Files at Github:
Playing Card Object

See my last post for changes made.
Any comments or questions welcome.
Last edited by bcohio2001 on Nov 23, 2019 14:41, edited 7 times in total.
bcohio2001

Re: Playing Card Object

Post by bcohio2001 »

Version 0.2 March 21, 2013
Added:
-- Trade Sub in CardGroup type
-- CreateNSPlayDeck sub to create "non-standard" deck of cards, such as a Euchre deck.
-- Init cards through INI file instead of DATA statements.
-- Able to change card back displayed.

Future plans:
-- "Special" cards or graphics.
-- Rework original bmp file to make smaller, the bottom row is half empty.
-- Find another graphic of cards.
-- Find and impliment a "rotation" algorhythm.
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

Version 0.3 March 25, 2013
-- Clarified INI requirements at bottom of Cards.bi file.
-- In CardGroup type:
---- Added NumSelected function to return the number of selected cards.
---- Added TakeSelCards to remove them.
---- Overloaded to hold the selected cards for later use.
---- Added AddSelCards to take the selected cards. (Be sure not to excede Maximum cards!)
---- Added MoveSelCards to move selected cards from one CardGroup directly to another CardGroup. (Be sure not to excede Maximum cards!)
---- Added Shuffle, DIFFERENT FROM "Card.Shuffle" which shuffles the whole deck.
---- ALL values are now private.
------ The number of cards in the group can be retrieved by the NumCards property.
------ Use IsMovable property to retrieve the "arrangeablity" of the group.
------ Call SetLoc to set/change where group will start being displayed.
------ Call SetSize to set/change maximum amout of cards allowed.
------ Call SetDirection to set/change how the cards will be displayed.
------ Call SetArrange to set/change arrangablity or how "pile" is displayed.
------ Call SetEmpty to set/change what is shown if no cards will be displayed.

Future plans:
-- "Crunch" and "Hover" for when a group "goes off" screen.
rdc

Post by rdc »

Cool stuff.
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

rdc wrote:Cool stuff.
High praise from the "creator"

Also, an update:
Version 0.4 April 21, 2013
-- Modified "ini" files to increase "LabelHeight".
-- Card and CardGroup objects are now in seperate .bi files.
-- Support other graphic formats, using FreeImage.
---- Latest dll included. (3.15.4) FreeImage.bi reports (3.15.1)
-- In CardGroup type:
---- Right click and hold to "arrange" cards.
---- The "right to left" or "bottom to top" corrected, but a graphical glitch still needs to be addressed.
---- Show less of card, hide part of the "label", for when a group would "go off" screen.
---- When hovering over a "hidden" card, will display the card.

Future plans:
-- Allow SetSize to accept "0" for a "dynamic" group.
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n1d5t ... s_0_05.zip
Version 0.5 March 10, 2016
-- Using "FBImage" to load graphic files. (dlls included)
-- Two Graphics and their Ini files included
---- "card-deck-01.jpg" "CD1Jpg.ini"
---- "cards.bmp" "Standard.ini" This is the default.
-- Ini data has changed.
---- Source for creation of new Ini files -- "Ini Creator.bas"
------ Keyboard control only! See "Ini Creator.txt"
-- In CardGroup type
---- Eliminated Private tag.
---- Removed GroupClick function.
-- Added AllGroups Type
---- Register saves a pointer to a CardGroup.
---- Scan, a replacement for CardGroup.GroupClick. Scans all registered groups for mouse event instead of main program looping and missing event.
---- Arrangement of cards in a group, if allowed.
-- Seperated code from both 'bi' files.

Future plans:
-- Drag and drop into/onto groups.
Last edited by bcohio2001 on May 17, 2016 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

This looks amazing, but I don't know where to "start"!
I tried compiling Solitare.bas but it threw loads of errors concerning "Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode".
Any guide lines on how to use this library?
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

datwill310 wrote:This looks amazing, but I don't know where to "start"!
Refer to test programs for ideas.
datwill310 wrote:I tried compiling Solitare.bas but it threw loads of errors concerning "Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode".
I use FBEdit's quick run for all my tests. Which I believe is just "fbc -console xxxxxx.bas", or something to that effect.
So I do not know which statements you are referring to.
datwill310 wrote:Any guide lines on how to use this library?
Er....documentation is not my strong point. A lot of comments in the code. The sample/test code tests most, if not all, aspects.
St_W

Post by St_W »

datwill310 wrote:I tried compiling Solitare.bas but it threw loads of errors concerning "Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode".
gcc is used by default for 64-bit and ARM builds of FreeBasic. Seems the library doesn't support that.
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

St_W wrote:
gcc is used by default for 64-bit and ARM builds of FreeBasic. Seems the library doesn't support that.
I've tried -gen gas (my system is a 64-bit system, not 32-bit so that didn't work), -gen gcc [explicitly], and -gen llvm (the application to run with was not actually on my computer so so much for that one :D), but none of the three worked. Is this library only for 32-bit systems, then?
bcohio2001 wrote:Refer to test programs for ideas.
bcohio2001 wrote:Er....documentation is not my strong point. A lot of comments in the code. The sample/test code tests most, if not all, aspects.
OK, I will.
bcohio2001 wrote:
I use FBEdit's quick run for all my tests. Which I believe is just "fbc -console xxxxxx.bas", or something to that effect. So I do not know which statements you are referring to.
Maybe the problem is that you use a 32-bit system? I doubt my theory there and I am unsure. This is what I got in my FBEdit output control:
FBEdit wrote:Build error(s)
C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC-1.05.0-win64\fbc -gen gcc "Solitare.bas"
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\Cards.bas(366) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode in 'Dim As Any Ptr arg = va_first()'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\Cards.bas(373) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_arg' in 'SuitMult(ArrPos) = va_arg(arg, Integer) - 1'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\Cards.bas(374) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_next' in 'arg = va_next(arg, Integer)'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\Cards.bas(382) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_arg' in 'Pips(ArrPos) = va_arg(arg, Integer) - 1'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\Cards.bas(383) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_next' in 'arg = va_next(arg, Integer)'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\CardGroup.bas(621) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode in 'arg = va_first()'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\CardGroup.bas(624) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_arg' in 'NextPass = va_arg(arg, CardGroup Ptr)'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\CardGroup.bas(635) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_next' in 'arg = va_next(arg, CardGroup Ptr)'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\AllGroups.bas(11) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode in 'arg = va_first()'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\AllGroups.bas(13) error 285: Unsupported statement in -gen gcc mode, found 'va_arg' in 'Passed = va_arg(arg, CardGroup Ptr)'
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\Code-Related Apps\Cards_0_05\AllGroups.bas(13) error 132: Too many errors, exiting

Build error(s)
Last edited by datwill310 on Mar 21, 2016 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
St_W

Post by St_W »

datwill310 wrote:Maybe the problem is that you use a 32-bit system? I doubt my theory there and I am unsure. This is what I got in my FBEdit output control: [...]
Variable argument lists are not supported by "-gen gcc"; that's the root problem. Furthermore "-gen gas" is not supported on non-x86 systems. So you either have to use a 32-bit version of FreeBasic (it runs perfectly fine on a 64-bit system too; at least on Windows - certain Linux distributions may cause some troubles) or remove/replace the VarArgs code.

btw (@fxm) is this mentioned anywhere in the documentation? The category page for VarArgs is only minimal without any explanation: http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php ... atPgVarArg
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

St_W wrote:Variable argument lists are not supported by "-gen gcc"; that's the root problem. Furthermore "-gen gas" is not supported on non-x86 systems. So you either have to use a 32-bit version of FreeBasic (it runs perfectly fine on a 64-bit system too; at least on Windows - certain Linux distributions may cause some troubles) or remove/replace the VarArgs code.
I think I'll get a 32-bit version of Free BASIC rather than tinker with code which I don't fully understand yet :)! Thanks!
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

Yes I use the 32 bit version of Freebasic. At this point I see no need for me to 'upgrade' to 64 bit.
I will make a note in my first post about not being compatible with 64 bit compiler.
bcohio2001

Post by bcohio2001 »

Version 0.5.1 March, 21, 2016
Added:
-- DOCUMENTATION!!!! "Cards.txt"

Fixes: (hacks)
-- 64 bit compiler, at this time, does not allow variable arguments. (va_first(), va_arg() and va_next() macros.)
---- These 'hacks' have not been tested and they are 'ugly'! But are usable on 32 bit systems.
---- Card.CreateNSPlayDeck Cdecl (NumDecks As Integer, NumSuits As Integer, NumCardsPerSuit As Integer, UseJokers As Integer, DeckName As String="Standard", ...)
------ "Hacked" -> Card.Create_NSPlayDeck(NumDecks As Integer, Suits() As Integer, Pips() As Integer, UseJokers As Integer, DeckName As String="Standard")
---- CardGroup.Trade Cdecl (NumPass As Integer, ...)
------ "Hacked" -> CardGroup.TradeGroups(Others() As CardGroup Ptr)
---- AllGroups.RegisterAll Cdecl (NumGroups As Integer, ...)
------ This was never tested.
------ Added as an afterthought to augment the AllGroups.Register sub which 'registers' one at a time.
-- Modified "Test_Cards_1.bas", "Test_CardGroup_1.bas" and "Test_CardGroup_2.bas" to be 64 bit compliant. "Test_Cards_2.bas" and "Solitare.bas were fine.

Removed:
-- CardGroup.TakeSelCards() sub, with no parameters.
---- It took the cards out of group, but the cards went nowhere.

Future plans:
datwill310

Post by datwill310 »

bcohio2001 wrote:Version 0.5.1 March, 21, 2016
Added:
-- DOCUMENTATION!!!! "Cards.txt"

Fixes: (hacks)
-- 64 bit compiler, at this time, does not allow variable arguments. (va_first(), va_arg() and va_next() macros.)
---- These 'hacks' have not been tested and they are 'ugly'! But are usable on 32 bit systems.
---- Card.CreateNSPlayDeck Cdecl (NumDecks As Integer, NumSuits As Integer, NumCardsPerSuit As Integer, UseJokers As Integer, DeckName As String="Standard", ...)
------ "Hacked" -> Card.Create_NSPlayDeck(NumDecks As Integer, Suits() As Integer, Pips() As Integer, UseJokers As Integer, DeckName As String="Standard")
---- CardGroup.Trade Cdecl (NumPass As Integer, ...)
------ "Hacked" -> CardGroup.TradeGroups(Others() As CardGroup Ptr)
---- AllGroups.RegisterAll Cdecl (NumGroups As Integer, ...)
------ This was never tested.
------ Added as an afterthought to augment the AllGroups.Register sub which 'registers' one at a time.
-- Modified "Test_Cards_1.bas", "Test_CardGroup_1.bas" and "Test_CardGroup_2.bas" to be 64 bit compliant. "Test_Cards_2.bas" and "Solitare.bas were fine.

Removed:
-- CardGroup.TakeSelCards() sub, with no parameters.
---- It took the cards out of group, but the cards went nowhere.

Future plans:
This is great! Thanks a lot!