retro style tile based platform game - MOVED

User contributed sources that have become inactive, deprecated, or generally unusable. But ... we don't really want to throw them away either.
BasicCoder2

retro style tile based platform game - MOVED

Post by BasicCoder2 »

This has been moved to the games dev section.
I would delete this whole thread but can't.
Last edited by BasicCoder2 on Jun 22, 2014 0:39, edited 15 times in total.
BasicCoder2

Re: retro style tile based platform game

Post by BasicCoder2 »

After playing with someone else's TILE editor which uses a block image of tiles rather than a list of tiles images I decided to change the program to use such an image. The two new programs have replaced the originals in the first post.
Thorbenn

Re: retro style tile based platform game - modified

Post by Thorbenn »

nice little Project you have going there ;). I am interessted to see what it leeds up to :).

Kind Regards

Thorbenn
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Generates sprite bitmap
Moved to Game Dev section.
Last edited by BasicCoder2 on Jun 22, 2014 8:48, edited 3 times in total.
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Thorbenn wrote:nice little Project you have going there ;). I am interessted to see what it leeds up to :).
Added some sprite data and modified the code to suit but am limited by the number of characters allowed per post so have implemented only 16 sprites.
As many games use lots of graphics and sound files this forum is probably not well suited for sharing game programs.
Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

Hello John!

If ever you would want me to host your files, just send it to me by e-mail: I will put it on my website and give you the link in the answer. I can open a new folder especially for you.

Best regards.

Roland
Last edited by Roland Chastain on Jun 18, 2014 21:08, edited 3 times in total.
Thorbenn

Post by Thorbenn »

BasicCoder2 wrote:
Thorbenn wrote:nice little Project you have going there ;). I am interessted to see what it leeds up to :).
Added some sprite data and modified the code to suit but am limited by the number of characters allowed per post so have implemented only 16 sprites.
As many games use lots of graphics and sound files this forum is probably not well suited for sharing game programs.
yeah this is true but most games also load the sprites from spritemaps that are exported as bmp's which i would also implement.
I have several small Projects i am working on in Freebasic that i want to merge at the end to a game. For example a raycaster Engine in which i have startet implementing animation. If you want i can up some screens.

Cheers
Thorbenn
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Roland Chastain wrote:Hello John!

If ever you would want me to host your files, just send it to me by e-mail: I will put it on my website and give you the link in the answer. I can open a new folder especially for you.

Best regards.

Roland
Thanks for the offer Roland.
I will probably take it up when/if I continue with the project which I probably will as I have lots of ideas I want to try out.

Still thinking about ideas for a numb3rs program :)

I have changed the actual program in the first post if you are interested in running it.

Best regards,
John
BasicCoder2

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Thorbenn wrote:I have several small Projects i am working on in Freebasic that i want to merge at the end to a game. For example a raycaster Engine in which i have startet implementing animation. If you want i can up some screens.
Actually as a programmer I have more interest in actual easy to read well explained and documented code than in screen shots.
Some time ago I started developing my own version of raycasting,
http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopi ... r&start=15
Cheers,
John
Thorbenn

Post by Thorbenn »

hehe yeah once its cleaned out i will send you a copy of the code. right now its not documented and in some parts i was testing in not completly clean ;)
BasicCoder2

Re: retro style tile based platform game - MOVED

Post by BasicCoder2 »

The latest updated contents of this thread has been moved to the Game Dev section of the forum.
I just had to include the ladder climbing sprites to make it complete.