IguanaCMS - The first ever CMS written in FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Julcar

Re: IguanaCMS - The first ever CMS written in FreeBasic

Post by Julcar »

The project keeps going on! I've just released version 0.1.4-beta, which introduces the Multi-site feature, and A LOT of bugfixes to core, modules and libraries.

Links updated in 1st post
freeCish

Post by freeCish »

Could my kcgi library header help? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29802
BTW, https://iguanacms.site/ "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" seems something do do with SSL certificate.
freeCish

Post by freeCish »

fxm wrote:So:
freeCish = j8w344c6
Why two usernames (if not more maybe) ?
Ahh, already logged out but have to login again to answer.
I use my real email address with this account. The previous use a disposable email.
Only two. The previous I will not use anymore. (Will use in case of this one banned).
Why fear being banned? Because freeCish seems to be an insulting name.
I got this word from another forum member. I really liked it.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

freeCish wrote:...
Why fear being banned? Because freeCish seems to be an insulting name.
At least you do have a bit of self-awareness...

We don't mind the name. So, does that mean that we can dispose of the old account?
freeCish

Post by freeCish »

paul doe wrote:So, does that mean that we can dispose of the old account?
Just do it. But please don't merge that account's posts with this new one. Thanks.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

freeCish wrote:
paul doe wrote:So, does that mean that we can dispose of the old account?
Just do it. But please don't merge that account's posts with this new one. Thanks.
Very well.
freeCish

Post by freeCish »

@fxm @paul doe We are polluting his thread with off-topic comments. Should there be a bit cleanup? Thanks.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

freeCish wrote:Could my kcgi library header help? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=29802
BTW, https://iguanacms.site/ "Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead" seems something do do with SSL certificate.
I implemented a new CGI library in purely native FreeBasic code, one of my goals is to avoid 3rd party dependencies as much as possible (except in native interfaces provided by the OS)
Respect to the SSL cert failure, I am using a self signed certificate by the moment until I finish the design.
freeCish

Post by freeCish »

Julcar wrote:I implemented a new CGI library in purely native FreeBasic code, one of my goals is to avoid 3rd party dependencies as much as possible (except in native interfaces provided by the OS)
Very good. I fully agree.
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

Is this framework multi-threading? By multi-threading I mean high performance and able to handle a lot of traffics.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

miilvyxg wrote:Is this framework multi-threading? By multi-threading I mean high performance and able to handle a lot of traffics.
Not tested yet in a high traffic benchmark, but still is a very efficient code made from a low resource consumption perspective
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

Julcar wrote:
miilvyxg wrote:Is this framework multi-threading? By multi-threading I mean high performance and able to handle a lot of traffics.
Not tested yet in a high traffic benchmark, but still is a very efficient code made from a low resource consumption perspective
I want to know it's multi-threading or not. Is it make use of threads?
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

Finally. How to use this CMS? The only thing I found on chiselapp is a repo with a source tree. No way to 'clone' this repo to my computer like git clone. No way to download it via the web interface either. You give it to us only to watch?
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

Which web server to use with this CMS? Apache? Nginx? How to deploy it? How to configure it? No one can help you testing it unless you put enough information.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

miilvyxg wrote:Finally. How to use this CMS? The only thing I found on chiselapp is a repo with a source tree. No way to 'clone' this repo to my computer like git clone. No way to download it via the web interface either. You give it to us only to watch?
You can download the source code from the fossil page as a zip: http://chiselapp.com/user/julcar/reposi ... ca4db9.zip

Also with a fossil client you can clone the repository as with git

In the zip file there is a file called compile.bat for building the CMS on windows, there is also compile.sh but is some out of date because I've not tested on linux for a while

To use it you can deploy any web server that has CGI feature for example IIS, Apache, Lighttpd, Hiawatha, Mongoose, Abyss, etc.

You must configure your webserver to execute binary .exe as CGI by registering the .exe extension as CGI