WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.1 June 6, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

dodicat wrote: Jul 07, 2022 12:11 I usually go SNP, or Labour sometimes.
I have a lot of TMP****.bat files building up
Example:
TMP3217.bat

@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\code\"
"C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\code\TMP3217.exe"
pause
del "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP3217.bat" >> nul
--------------------------
OR
-------------------------
@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\"
"C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP369B.exe"
pause
del "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP369B.bat" >> nul

del is not deleting the TMP file.
(I am quick running files using the command window)
Hi dodicat,

I am scanning through older posts and I see that this is the post that you recently mentioned that you did not have a response to. I am trying to understand why you are creating Batch files to run WinFBE's temporarily created exe's from Quick Run (at least that's what I think you are doing?).

WinFBE's Quick Run (Ctrl+Shift+F5) will automatically build and run your displayed code in the editor and then it should automatically delete that temp EXE when that exe closes. I don't see the reason for a batch file.

I assume that your batch files are not being deleted because you are trying to execute a "del" command on a file (the batch file) that is still executing. The batch file is still executing the Del command at the time it is being asked to be deleted. Maybe that's the reason? Not sure. Just off the top of my head.
dodicat

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.3 November 24, 2022)

Post by dodicat »

@PaulSquires Versions 2.1.8 and 3.0.0
Example of a file: (TMP2E3B.bat)
@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite\"
"C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite\TMP2E3B.dll"
pause
del "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite\TMP2E3B.bat" >> nul

Your latest version seems to be clear (no remaining .bat files)
Imortis

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.2 November 23, 2022)

Post by Imortis »

PaulSquires wrote: Nov 23, 2022 12:27 ...
- Added new internal code parser that creates codetips and autocomplete popups.
Not sure if anyone else has reported this, but I tested the Autocomplete, and it works great with types, subs, and functions. I do not, however, see it working with Namespaces or Enums. Is that intentional?
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.3 November 24, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi Imortis,

namespaces (nope)
enums (it should, so I will have to debug this)
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

PaulSquires wrote: Nov 28, 2022 21:30 Hi Imortis,

namespaces (nope)
enums (it should, so I will have to debug this)
I just fixed a couple of regressions related to the parsing of ENUMs and also DIM AS code popups. These fixes will be in the version 3.0.4 update.

- Fixed ENUM code parsing and autocomplete popup.
- Fixed DIM AS autocomplete popup not reducing popup list as word is being typed.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.4 December 13, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

Download from: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 3.0.4 (December 13, 2022)
Editor:
- Fixed ENUM code parsing and autocomplete popup.
- Fixed DIM AS autocomplete popup not reducing popup list as word is being typed.
- Fixed regression whereby Ctrl+S Save (or SaveAs) with no open documents would crash the application.

Visual Designer:
- Added Button control propert (ImageAlign) to position an image within the button.
- Corrected issues with selected Button image properties properly being reflected for the button during design time.
- Form files would have their file encoding reset to ANSI on subsequent reloading of the project.
- New Projects created with a Visual Designer template would not have the new Form located in the Normal section of the Explorer treeview.
- Fixed regression. The popup code completion intellisense now correctly displays popup list for WinFormsX global variables "Colors" and "Application".
- Added MCS_DAYSTATE style for MonthCalendar allowing the user to correctly handle the MCN_GETDAYSTATE notification in their form's AllEvents handler.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.5 December 14, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 3.0.5 (December 14, 2022)
Editor:
- Fixed duplicate events when loading Form file via MRU list or drag/drop into editor from outside of a Project.
- Fixed issue whereby files added to Project via MRU list or drag/drop would not show in the Explorer list.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.6 December 19, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

Version 3.0.6 (December 19, 2022)
Editor:
- Fixed parser bug causing duplicate events when TYPE/END TYPE structure exists inside visual designer Form file.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.7 January 1, 2023)

Post by PaulSquires »

Download link: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Version 3.0.7 (January 1, 2023)
Editor:
- Fixed issue causing full Windows Desktop refresh that could cause flicker in other applications whenever the left mouse button pressed in WinFBE.

Visual Designer:
- Fixed bug loading Form Design files containing foreign characters (for example Chinese language).
- Fixed bug saving text to visual designer *.DESIGN json files that contain embedded single quote character.
- Fixed logic related to "Display on Form" checkbox for Menu, ToolBar and StatusBar editor dialogs.
wallyg

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.7 January 1, 2023)

Post by wallyg »

Started to use new version 3.0.7

Code: Select all

if This.NofParameters > 0 Then
        For i as Integer = 1 to This.NofParameters
            if This.Parameters(i) = nam Then

??????  Missing endif  ???????
        next i
    end if
After entering a "ENTER" key following "Then" on the "if This.Parameters(i) = nam Then" statement there was no corresponding "Endif" was generated

Wally
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Also The following

Code: Select all

if This.NofParameters > 0 Then
        For i as Integer = 1 to This.NofParameters
            For j as Integer = 1 to 4096

?????? Missing next j ???????
        next i
    end if
Again after "ENTER" following the "For j" statement no generated "next j" statement. Notice that after the "For i" statement the "next i" was generated

Wally
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks wally, WinFBE tries to match to a subsequent End If but this blind logic fails in situations like you have shown. I think that I will just change the code to always insert the corresponding End If or Next regardless.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

@wallyg

I have now modified the code to always insert the autocompletion. Therefore, those two bug examples that you posted will now complete correctly. The fixes will be in the next update ( version 3.0.8 ).
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Thank you very much.
Wally
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.8 January 17, 2023)

Post by PaulSquires »

Download link: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinFBE/releases

Version 3.0.8 (January 17, 2023)
Editor:
- Updated the Scintilla DLL's to the latest version 5.3.2 (Dec 6, 2022).
- Modified the Scintilla & Lexilla DLL's to fix a long standing syntax coloring issue whereby code appearing after a pound sign character ("#") would not be syntax highlighted.
- Modified AutoCompletion to always insert the corresponding completion statement (eg. Next, End If, End Select, Wend...).
- Fixed bug in UnicodeToUtf8 conversion function that could corrupt some foriegn characters by removing trailing null characters. This impacted the output of visual designer *.design files.
- Fixed minor parser bug that would not complete the parse of an "end constructor" or "end destructor" correctly.