WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: May 22, 2022 20:33 I am using WinFBE for programs that do not use the GUI built into WinFBE, I use GTK. I was wondering if there either is or could be added to remove the keywords specifically for the built-in GUI from the list of keywords highlighted and casing changed for display by the editor.
Hi Wally, you can either delete or rename the file "codetips_winformsx.ini" located in the \Settings subfolder.
wallyg

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by wallyg »

Thank you very much.

Any estimate on when updated version might be ready?

I appreciate this program very much. Thanks.

Wally
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi Wally, this week I am going to put together the final Version 3 package and upload it. I'll announce it here and also over on the planetsquires forum.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.0 May 24, 2022)

Post by PaulSquires »

Original initial post updated to indicate new Version 3.0.0 release.

Version 3.0.0 (May 24, 2022)
Editor:
- Complete re-write of main editor UI to have a look and feel more in line with modern code editors.
- Updated to Scintilla Version 5.1.5 (Dec 7, 2021). Also, switched to use Lexilla.dll with custom lexer called lexWinFBE that handles the FreeBasic lexing.
- All new Theme system. All colors (RGB) can be edited in external .theme files found in the \themes folder.
- Added Windows API keywords and syntax highlighting.
- New Bookmarks list that shows all bookmarks from all open (and closed) files. Easily navigate or clear bookmarks throughout all files.
- New option to save/restore "session". Allow reloading and showing of files active during most previous editor use. Will reload a project should a project had been active. Editor state (open windows, editing position, selected compiler, etc) is saved and restored.
- Added Environment option to automatically load the last used Session file when the editor starts. If the last Session saved was a Project, then the project will be loaded.
- New keyboard binding mapping allowing the user to choose their own keyboard shortcuts for various editor functions.
- New Auto Save functionality. When enabled, unsaved files will be periodically saved to temporary files. In the event of crash, these files will be ask to be used when the editor next attempts to load the crashed file.
- New Font option (Environment Options / Colors and Fonts) to allow for extra spacing between editor lines on screen.
- Re-worked portions of Code Folding to make it visually more appealing.
- Changed some default Code Folding keyboard shortcuts because "Alt" based shortcut would sometimes invoke Windows system functionality.
- Changed logic of "Toggle Current and All Below" folding to now work on fold levels inside a function that of greater depth than the fold level being toggle. Previously, this function only worked on base level fold points (basically, the sub/function line and all other sub/functions below it in the source code). This new logic makes it easier to fold/unfold code blocks from deep with a particular function making it somewhat more usable in practice than the old logic.
- Greatly increased the Font selector combobox (Environment Options / Colors and Fonts) so it should be easier now to pick fonts that have long descriptive names.
- Multiple code editor text selections is now enabled. Hold CTRL and highlight multiple areas of text.
- Editor will try to gracefully fallback amongst various monospaced fonts should the previously selected font in the config file no longer exist. This can occur, for example, if you switch to different computers without the same fonts installed, or you switch between Windows and Linux (Wine).
- Replace All actions are now batched allowing Ctrl+Z Undo to undo all of the changes made, not just the last one.
- Changed Replace keyboard short from Ctrl+R to Ctrl+H to be in line with the vast number of other editors that use the Ctrl+H shortcut.
- Added the forward slash ('/') key shortcut for commenting lines (in addition to the current 'B' key option).
- Removed the ancient Win32 api help file and the menu option to invoke it.
- Removed main editor Toolbar to be consistent with most other modern editors that have foregone the use of a dedicated toolbar.
- When files added to a Project, newly added *.BAS files are now treated as NORMAL rather than MODULE files.
- Tweaked "Check for Updates" to provide more reliable reporting in the event of failure to retrieve information from the server.
- Tweaked the F3 and Shift+F3 accelerator that will Find Next/Prev the last highlighted search text. It is now more consistent by not being reset to a different search term under some situations.
- Re-worked the Find/Replace popup dialog to be visually more appealing and to work better with keyboard. Added keyboard shortcuts for some find/replace actions (for example, Ctrl+Alt+Enter to Replace All).
- Added keyboard shortcut "CTRL+~" (ctrl+tilde) to allow you to move keyboard focus back to the active editing window. This is useful, for example, for jumping between the editing window and the Find/Replace dialog.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to move to next and move to previous compiler errors. This is a quick way to jump to and fix errors without having to use your mouse to double click the compiler error message in the Output window.
- Added "Explorer Categories" that allow user defined custom nodes to display in the Explorer window (only when used with an active Project).
- The Explorer window now allows for multiple nodes to be selected (via Ctrl or Shift) and to popup right-click menu to perform actions on the group of selected nodes (for example, to re-designate files to different FileTypes, etc).
- Code Fold points are now saved between Project and/or Sessions in the same manner as Bookmarks are treated.
- Disabled the functionality whereby if Find/Replace dialog is open and user switches to a different tab in the editor, then search highlights would automatically reposition the caret to the first found find text in the newly selected tab.
- Bookmark searches for Previous/Next Bookmark will now display in center of screen if Environment option "Position searches to middle of screen" is enabled.
- Find In Files corrected to properly process *.* files. In situations of *.* searches known binary formats are bypassed (eg. EXE, DLL, BMP, etc).
- Corrected issues whereby Replace All could fail to replace matching entries near the end of the edit buffer.
- Implemented Preserve Case option for Find/Replace. Currently, only supports preserve Full Upper Case or Full Lower Case preserve case replace.
- Added (-gen gas64) option for Build Configurations.
- Fixed bug whereby FindReplace window would not close when all other underlying code windows have been closed.
- Added ability to disable the default keyboard shortcut for each keyboard shortcut.
- Fixed issue whereby edit window would lose focus if pasting text while the Find/Replace dialog is active.
- Fixed SetCompilerPathsII user tool being generated for new default winfbe configuration files.
- Fixed "Convert to Mixed Case" keyboad shortcut from Ctrl+Alt+M to Ctrl+Alt+X.
- Added right click popup menus for cut/copy/paste for textboxes that were changed to RichEdit (Find/Replace/CompilerLog/Notes).
- Added popup tooltip for Function list that displays the function prototype. Easier now to differentiate between overloaded functions.
- Fixed selecting function with multiple overloads would incorrectly always position the editor to the first instance of that function.
- Added some bcrypt* Win32 api keywords to the default winapi_keywords.txt file.
- Fixed issue whereby deleting a User Tool would result in a ghost entry in the User Tool top menu until the program was restarted.
- Updated the SetCompilerSwitchesII user tool to the latest version.

Visual Designer:
- New control property hWindowToolTip which will retrieve the windows handle for any tooltip created for a control.
srvaldez

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.0 May 24, 2022)

Post by srvaldez »

many thanks Paul :D
hhr

Post by hhr »

Cannot start WinFBE32.exe because there is no MSVCP140.dll. What does it mean? My OS is Windows 7. Same with WinFBE64.exe.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

Clicking in the Bookmark column with the mouse to set/unset a bookmark does not update the bookmark list. It only updates when using the menu or keyboard shortcut.
Kuan Hsu

Post by Kuan Hsu »

hhr wrote: May 24, 2022 17:09 Cannot start WinFBE32.exe because there is no MSVCP140.dll. What does it mean? My OS is Windows 7. Same with WinFBE64.exe.
Please install https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53840, choose x86/x64 version
hhr

Post by hhr »

@ Kuan Hsu,
thank you. I installed both, vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe.
x86 works now, x64 version wants VCRUNTIME140_1.dll. What do I need to do?

Edit:
I have to install the newest versions of vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe (2015-2022).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/wi ... 9-and-2022

It works now, thank you very much.

Edit:
Perhaps I have to uninstall older versions, but I should only uninstall if needed. Other programs may need older versions.
Such as PractRand, it needs version 2013.

@ PaulSquires, thank you for the editor.
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Thank you for the new version. I just downloaded it and am in the process of using it and getting used to the changes. Will try them all out as soon as I get past the current time crunch due to some recent core level routines.

I did notice that there is no Replace-In_Files option that we talked about. I just ran into a situation where I needed to change the operation of a core level class and will need to make some across all routine changes to things like core level names for a new convention across many many routines. I made the decision to do this because I thought Replace-In_Files would be available in this new version. Is it coming in the next release? Or have you decided it was too hard to do or not possible or too buggy at the current time?

Thanks again for this wonderful product.

Wally
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Just noticed that I unselected "Highlight current line" and the highlighting did not go away and moving the cursor has the highlighting move with it on all displayed modules. I personally find this annoying behavior.

Is there some other way to disable this option that I missed? If I did I am sorry.

I like the multiple explorer section abilities. Thank you for this.

Wally
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I noticed an inconsistency between the horizontal scroll bar used for the explorer window and the text buffer window. In the Explorer window, the movable bar (where I put the mouse and hold down the left mouse button and move it up and down) is white with a gray background. While in the text buffer it is the other way (the gray area is the movable button against a white background)

I originally thought I found an error in the operation of the text scroll bar until I realized it was different from the explorer scroll bar that I had just tried.

Wally
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Imortis wrote: May 24, 2022 18:01 Clicking in the Bookmark column with the mouse to set/unset a bookmark does not update the bookmark list. It only updates when using the menu or keyboard shortcut.
Thanks - I will add that ability for the next minor update.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: May 25, 2022 22:38 I did notice that there is no Replace-In_Files option that we talked about.
Thanks Wally, I haven't forgotten as it is still on my to-do list. I hope to add the capability as soon as I can.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: May 25, 2022 22:52 I unselected "Highlight current line" and the highlighting did not go away
Hi Wally, you are right, that code editor option does seem to be broken at the moment. Until I post a fix, you can manually edit your light or dark Them file that is found in the "\themes" subfolder. You would change the color for the "editor.currentline.background:" entry to match the same value as the value for "editor.window.background:".