WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
zmymhlej

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by zmymhlej »

Hi. Your IDE doesn't support Windows XP. Is it right? I need your confirmation.
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V2.2.0 March 26, 2021)

Post by PaulSquires »

zmymhlej wrote: Mar 31, 2022 12:35 Hi. Your IDE doesn't support Windows XP. Is it right? I need your confirmation.
You are correct. WinFBE does not support Windows XP.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Just out of interest, how many of you use the Projects feature?
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I use it extensively. It is basis of all my software design. But I would love to see even more features dealing with projects as a whole. I have already passed on some ideas to the developer.

Thanks for everything.

Wally
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Thanks, Wally.

The reason I asked is that I have just learnt that the switches in SetCompilerSwitchesII are not used if a Project is active. I didn't know that because I don't use the Projects feature; being a simple soul. If only a few use Projects then my ignorance will be of little concern to most WinFBE users.

You may be blown away with upcoming WinFBE 3.0. I have been testing the first beta version, and it is an absolute cracker.

I maybe an oddball, but I use the Light theme during the day and the Dark theme at night. I use f.lux and when that kicks in I switch to Dark theme. :D
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

wallyg wrote: Mar 31, 2022 21:30 I have already passed on some ideas to the developer.
Hi wally, I have implemented your suggestion to have user defined categories for the Explorer panel. You might want to take a look at the beta to see if it meets your needs and provide feedback if it needs improvement. I believe that maybe you were also the one who asked for a dedicated list of all active editor Bookmarks. That is also implemented. The download link is over on my planetsquires forum if you are interested. I hope to have a second beta out after this weekend and then I'll be pushing a full update for everything.
chikega

Post by chikega »

Nice work on the latest Beta released today!
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

chikega wrote: Apr 03, 2022 21:07 Nice work on the latest Beta released today!
Awesome, thanks! :-) I hope to upload the final V3.0 release formally sometime this week.
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

PaulSquires wrote: Apr 04, 2022 0:21 Awesome, thanks! :-) I hope to upload the final V3.0 release formally sometime this week.
I didn't know you had the BETA available to test. Just checked it out and I am very excited. Can't wait for the release.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

WinFBE 3.0 fully justifies its 3.0. I have been using the betas for nearly two weeks. There are some aspects which some will bemoan, but I have already got used to them and if an oldie like me can adapt, then anyone can. WinFBE 3.0 is a cracker. :)
jaskin

Post by jaskin »

I used the project feature a lot in v2.2. I also have two projects open at once. Sometimes i lose my custom color theme. Is this a know issue? I get around it by inserting it manually in the WinFBE.ini file from a backup. Also, I see one can import a theme but how does one export one in the first place? I see no export option.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi jaskin,

Having two projects open at once is probably the source of your theme color problem. WinFBE shares one winfbe.ini configuration file so each of your WinFBE instances for your two open projects are writing to that one configuration file. If you change colors in one instance of WinFBE and then close that editor, then those changes will be overwritten by the second WinFBE instance when that instance closes.

There is no "export" theme option which, in hindsight, is an oversight because it makes sharing themes harder. You would use the "create new theme" which copies the current active theme values. You would then need to copy that theme's entry from the winfbe.ini file to a separate text file. You could then import that theme file into WinFBE.

At this point, you are probably better off waiting for WinFBE 3 because theme support is SUBSTANTIALLY better and easier to use. You can customize the color for just about anything in the editor and creating a new theme is as simple as copying an existing theme file, editing color values, and saving it under a new file name. WinFBE allows the user to select amongst whatever *.theme files exist in the \themes subfolder.
jaskin

Post by jaskin »

Thank you for the response. I can live with it. I've extracted the whole [themes] section and restore that manually whenever I need to.

Looking forward to the next release. Sounds wonderful.
dkr

Post by dkr »

Hello,
My work computer has quarantined WinFBE_Suite.rar and WinFBE32.exe (backup) just today. They have been on my computer for years ??

Just thought you might want to know. I'm not really worried about it.

I really like this editor, much better than the original ide. Thanks for developing it.

Darren
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I am using WinFBE for programs that do not use the GUI built into WinFBE, I use GTK. I was wondering if there either is or could be added to remove the keywords specifically for the built-in GUI from the list of keywords highlighted and casing changed for display by the editor.

Thanks for your consideration.
Wally