WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.1.0 June 4, 2023)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
wallyg

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.1 June 6, 2022)

Post by wallyg »

After playing around a little. I got CUT to seem to work on the loader errors. I cut it, the text disappeared from the winFBE screen. I then switched to the Notepad++ Screen and was successfully able to paste it into Notepad++. However, when I returned to the winFBE screen, winFBE then aborts before I can do anything else

Code: Select all

From Notepad++

assembling:   C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\as.exe --64 "C:\DBeditor\DBE.asm" -o "C:\DBeditor\DBE.o"
linking:      C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe -m i386pep -o "C:\DBeditor\DBE.exe" -subsystem windows -T "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\fbextra.x" --stack 2097152,2097152 -L "C:\msys64\mingw64\lib" -L "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64" -L "." "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o" "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crtbegin.o" "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\fbrt0.o" "C:\DBeditor\DBE.o" "-(" -lmsvcrt -lgtk-3 -lgdk-3 -lglib-2.0 -lgthread-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lfb -lgcc -lkernel32 -luser32 -lmingw32 -lmingwex -lmoldname -lgcc_eh "-)" "C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crtend.o" 
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o: in function `__tmainCRTStartup':
R:\winlibs64-sjlj-9.3.0\mingw-w64-v7.0.0\mingw-w64-crt/crt/crtexe.c:288: undefined reference to `__mingw_init_ehandler'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o: in function `WinMainCRTStartup':
R:\winlibs64-sjlj-9.3.0\mingw-w64-v7.0.0\mingw-w64-crt/crt/crtexe.c:194: undefined reference to `__security_init_cookie'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o: in function `mainCRTStartup':
R:\winlibs64-sjlj-9.3.0\mingw-w64-v7.0.0\mingw-w64-crt/crt/crtexe.c:222: undefined reference to `__security_init_cookie'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o:crtexe.c:(.rdata$.refptr.mingw_app_type[.refptr.mingw_app_type]+0x0): undefined reference to `mingw_app_type'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o:crtexe.c:(.rdata$.refptr.mingw_initcharmax[.refptr.mingw_initcharmax]+0x0): undefined reference to `mingw_initcharmax'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o:crtexe.c:(.rdata$.refptr.mingw_initltssuo_force[.refptr.mingw_initltssuo_force]+0x0): undefined reference to `mingw_initltssuo_force'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o:crtexe.c:(.rdata$.refptr.mingw_initltsdyn_force[.refptr.mingw_initltsdyn_force]+0x0): undefined reference to `mingw_initltsdyn_force'
C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\bin\win64\ld.exe: C:\WinFBE_Suite\Toolchains\FreeBASIC-1.09.0-winlibs-gcc-9.3.0\lib\win64\crt2.o:crtexe.c:(.rdata$.refptr.mingw_initltsdrot_force[.refptr.mingw_initltsdrot_force]+0x0): undefined reference to `mingw_initltsdrot_force'
Does anyone recognize these routines?

Wally
wallyg

Re: WinFBE Editor and FreeBASIC Compiler (All-in-One Package) (V3.0.1 June 6, 2022)

Post by wallyg »

I miss the Up/Left - Down/Right icons on the scroll bars. There is not a simple way to move the buffer a line or two in either direction absolutely regardless of where the current character cursor is.

And please make the scroll indicator/background in all scroll bars the same colors. The Explorer uses a white indicator with a gray background and the text buffer uses a gray indicator on a white background. The more contrast between the two areas the better. Also too thin for those of us with some hand control problems.

Thank you for the user-defined Categories.

Wally
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

wallyg wrote:I miss the Up/Left - Down/Right icons on the scroll bars.
So do I.
Also too thin for those of us with some hand control problems.
Agreed.

It appears to me that these two issues are in keeping with Paul following the lead of other Windows GUI writers.

I would do the same, but we need to be careful not to alienate existing users who may be of a conservative disposition.

An obvious solution is to have 'Code Editor' options, allowing us to choose between a 'new approach' or keep an existing approach.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

I usually go SNP, or Labour sometimes.
I have a lot of TMP****.bat files building up
Example:
TMP3217.bat

@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\code\"
"C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\code\TMP3217.exe"
pause
del "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP3217.bat" >> nul
--------------------------
OR
-------------------------
@echo off
C:
cd "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\"
"C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP369B.exe"
pause
del "C:\Users\Computer\Desktop\fb\WinFBE_Suite1\WinFBE_Suite\TMP369B.bat" >> nul

del is not deleting the TMP file.
(I am quick running files using the command window)
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

A small request. I have done a find-in-files search and it reported about 200 lines.

When I click on an item in the resultant search list, the item is highlighted (thank you). But I do not see the corresponding line in the above edit buffer. I click a second time in the result window line, then the specified line in the search window has the vertical bar flashing on the correct line. But the highlighting of the line in the search results window disappears. So when I am done editing the previously selected line, I do not know where I was in the search list. The area for the filename of the line found is not wide enough to display enough of the filename to know the file name that I was working on because the directory name is larger than the space available (would be nice to be able to adjust the amount of space used to display the filename) the actual line found is basically the same for every match. Could you leave the highlighting on the line in the result window when I go to the edit buffer?

I could not find any command to switch back and forth between the edit buffer and the search result window. Or would it be possible to have a go-to next error command in the edit buffer? In the menu brought up by the right-click mouse button?

Thanks
Wally
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Hello,

I really love this editor it is a great piece of work. I've been building some simple windows and trying out different controls. I am having trouble with the DateTimePicker. I am trying to get the date using the SelectedDate method and am getting the below error.

error196: PROPERTY has no indexed GET method/accessor, before '(' in pst.wYear = val(left(wszValue, 4))'
error196: PROPERTY has no indexed GET method/accessor, before '(' in pst.wHour = val(left(wszTime, 2))'
error196: PROPERTY has no indexed GET method/accessor, before '(' in pst.wYear = val(left(wszDate, 4))'
error196: PROPERTY has no indexed GET method/accessor, before '(' in pst.wHour = val(left(wszValue, 2))'
This is the code that I am working with

Sub EmployeeTimeForm_GetTables()
    EmployeeTimeForm.cmbEmpName.Items.Clear
    EmployeeTimeForm.cmbCustName.Items.Clear
    dim wszString as CWSTR = CWSTR(20, 0)
    wszString = EmployeeTimeForm.DateTimePicker1.SelectedDate

end sub
The error is showing up in wfxDateTimePicker.inc
According to the documentation SelectedDate shoud be a getter and setter property.

Please correct my understanding of the code.

Thank you
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi Mike,

I do remember seeing this error before early after FBC 1.09 was released. I had a very hard time trying to figure out why it occurred because the exact same code worked okay on FBC 1.08. If I remember correctly, I copied over all of 1.08 INCLUDE files to overwrite the ones in 1.09. I believe that solved the problem. I am not 100% sure because for some reason I did not document this. The 1.08 Include files ship with the WinFBE Suite so if you are using the vanilla WinFBE Suite package then everything "should" work. You could also try overwriting your /inc/WinFormsX includes with the latest from this download: https://github.com/PaulSquires/WinForms ... master.zip
softfoot

WinFBE Suite (64-bit) - editor line spacing

Post by softfoot »

I've just started using WinFBE Suite (64-bit) under win 7 and it works well.

However, one oddity is that an existing freebasic project when opened in the suite seems to have very wide line spacing.

Its not double spaced (see attached image) and I cannot see any option to correct this.

Zoom causes the characters and the line spacing to change togeather in proportion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rokrx0kqdmzq3 ... 4.jpg?dl=0

Is there a way around this ?? Alternatively can I use an external editor such as Notepad++ ??

Regards,
Dave
srvaldez

Re: WinFBE Suite (64-bit) - editor line spacing

Post by srvaldez »

hello softfoot :)
with the IDE open press shift-F7 then click on Themes and fonts tab, on the bottom-right you will see Extra line spacing set the number to your liking, mine is set to 0
softfoot

Re: WinFBE Suite (64-bit) - editor line spacing

Post by softfoot »

Excelent !!

I looked on that page but didn't see the extra line spacing control for some reason!

Many thanks for the prompt response.

Dave
softfoot

WinFBE_Suite throws exception on reload

Post by softfoot »

If the basic source file is modified by an external editor (eg Notepad++) it correctly detects it and asks if you want to reload it.

If you select "yes" it momenterily blanks the source area and then exits with a windows (7) error "Stopped working".

It only happens with the 64bit version. The 32bit version always works OK.

It's consistent and reproducible.

Running version 3.0.1 64bit under windows 7 64bit.

Dave
PaulSquires

Re: WinFBE_Suite throws exception on reload

Post by PaulSquires »

Thanks Dave for the report. I have logged the issue and will fix for future update.
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Wondering why the header line of a Subroutine does not have an indentation indicator (a small square with a - )

I have the following declarations early in the program

Declare         Sub             Warning(txt as String)
Declare         Sub             Information(txt as String)
Declare         Sub             Question(txt as String)
Declare         Sub             ErrorMessage(txt as String)
Then many lines near the end of the program I have the definition of the routines

Sub             Warning(txt as String)
Dim as GtkWidget Ptr            dialog = gtk_message_dialog_new(Program, _
                                                                GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT or GTK_DIALOG_MODAL or GTK_DIALOG_USE_HEADER_BAR, _
                                                                GTK_MESSAGE_WARNING, _
                                                                GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE, _
                                                                txt)
gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG (dialog))
gtk_widget_destroy(dialog)
end sub
There is no box on the "SUB" line, but there is a box with [-] in front of the Dim statement, it extends to the last line of the Dim statement 'txt)

Wally
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi Wally,

Is that SPACES separating your "Sub" from "Warning" or is it a TAB character?

If it is a TAB character then maybe the Scintilla parser is not correctly interpreting the start of the SUB routine.
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

I just checked and according to Notepad++ there are spaces after SUB until the name of the subroutine