VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 04, 2022 22:02 except if the programmer drag a StatusBar to the MDIForm and minimize the MDIChild.
This fixed:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 9da19c3c04
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... e0155d5410
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... c4c908eaba
Xusinboy Bekchanov

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 04, 2022 22:02 Well, on Windows 7/8/10 (x86), the MDIChild is shown inside a small window with scrollbars and sometimes when you press F5 and close the executable, Form1 still in task manager.
This hasn't happened to me yet.
Coolman

Post by Coolman »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 05, 2022 13:10
Coolman wrote: Aug 05, 2022 12:11 hello. i just looked at the license of your framework. it's apparently the GPL. this license forces the developers to provide the source code of their programs. it's logical for your editor. any modification will benefit to its improvement but for the framework, it's an important constraint. do you consider to change this license? the MIT license is more adapted.
This also applies to the framework. The framework can be used as a dll. Then there is no need to open the source code.
the interest of your framework is the static compilation with a single executable. the lgpl license allows this kind of thing. that said, it's your choice. it's a shame.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Coolman wrote: Aug 05, 2022 15:19
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 05, 2022 13:10
Coolman wrote: Aug 05, 2022 12:11 hello. i just looked at the license of your framework. it's apparently the GPL. this license forces the developers to provide the source code of their programs. it's logical for your editor. any modification will benefit to its improvement but for the framework, it's an important constraint. do you consider to change this license? the MIT license is more adapted.
This also applies to the framework. The framework can be used as a dll. Then there is no need to open the source code.
the interest of your framework is the static compilation with a single executable. the lgpl license allows this kind of thing. that said, it's your choice. it's a shame.
Don't get me wrong, I said at the beginning of the thread that I created a library based on Nastasa Eodor's FBGUI library. This library belongs to the GPL: https://github.com/eodor/FreeBasicWinGUI
Coolman

Post by Coolman »

yes. i hadn't noticed. sorry. i will continue to study raylib which has an unrestricted license.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 04, 2022 11:32
Coolman wrote: Aug 04, 2022 10:08 loading Chart Example.bas causes the editor to disappear but it remains in memory, I am forced to kill the editor...
This is what I check.
Fixed: Crashing Chart control:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 89fe28b0b4
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 05, 2022 5:48
Avata wrote: Aug 05, 2022 3:57
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 04, 2022 11:32
This is also an example of another user. Used WinAPI to measure time.
1. Could you please fixed this and could be run in OS Linux.
I'll take a look when I get home.
Updated: Canvas functions in Linux for Scale:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 1ad70498c9

Fixed: Butterfly Draw Example on Linux:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 1d3a762f41
flaviofornazier

Post by flaviofornazier »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 05, 2022 13:54
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 04, 2022 22:02 Well, on Windows 7/8/10 (x86), the MDIChild is shown inside a small window with scrollbars and sometimes when you press F5 and close the executable, Form1 still in task manager.
Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Don't worried, I willl do a new x86 compilation and check it again. I have two real machines, each one of them running x86 and x64 windows versions, so I keep VisualFBEditor installed on two shared drives. Unfortunatelly I'm not a FB expert, like I am in a lot of anothers languages and databases, so I want a little help. In my free time I intend to do hard and serious tests with VFB to help the authors to make it the best and I've already started with Form object. Well, to do my best, all that I need is that you, as FB expert, point me to the right direction and best practices to use a multiuser database like MySQL in VFB, the reason is that I have a MySQL instance installed in all my operating systems and it will make easy my job.

Thank you in advanced.
Avata

Post by Avata »

1. Yes, This happen for me also and I report this before. Because the Close function of forms is not close a form and it is hidden a form. So maybe should rewrite code for this function.

2. If you have some examples code for MYSQL, Please post there for the beginner. Maybe later I will post a examples code

3. How to change the size of image and Font for a menu items.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Avata wrote: Aug 06, 2022 7:18
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 04, 2022 22:02 Well, on Windows 7/8/10 (x86), the MDIChild is shown inside a small window with scrollbars
In my opinion, it was because of the High DPI. I already fixed it:
Fixed: MDI Form on High DPI:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 85e23d267a
Avata wrote: Aug 06, 2022 7:18 3. How to change the size of image and Font for a menu items.
The font for the menu cannot be changed, but you can manually draw it.
The size is taken from the image itself. If you want to resize images for all menu items, then you can connect an ImageList to MainMenu. In this ImageList, set the ImageWidth and ImageHeight size and set the ImageKey or ImageIndex for each MenuItem.
flaviofornazier

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 06, 2022 8:06
flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 04, 2022 22:02 Well, on Windows 7/8/10 (x86), the MDIChild is shown inside a small window with scrollbars
Avata wrote: Aug 06, 2022 7:18 3. How to change the size of image and Font for a menu items.
The size is taken from the image itself. If you want to resize images for all menu items, then you can connect an ImageList to MainMenu. In this ImageList, set the ImageWidth and ImageHeight size and set the ImageKey or ImageIndex for each MenuItem.
Mr.Bekchanov,

Thank you for your efforts, now it's working as expected.

PS: Mr.Avatar, about menus unfortunately the author is right, that's always been a problem,
except if you're using a 32 bit language for Windows in which the use of OCX and/or ActiveX DLL
is relatively easy. Maybe you're creative and design your own menus.
flaviofornazier

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 05, 2022 20:53
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 05, 2022 13:54
Hi Mr.Bekchanov,

Don't worried, I willl do a new x86 compilation and check it again. I have two real machines, each one of them running x86 and x64 windows versions, so I keep VisualFBEditor installed on two shared drives. Unfortunatelly I'm not a FB expert, like I am in a lot of anothers languages and databases, so I want a little help. In my free time I intend to do hard and serious tests with VFB to help the authors to make it the best and I've already started with Form object. Well, to do my best, all that I need is that you, as FB expert, point me to the right direction and best practices to use a multiuser database like MySQL in VFB, the reason is that I have a MySQL instance installed in all my operating systems and it will make easy my job.

Thank you in advanced.
Mr.Beckchanov,

Another reason to start creating a database palette is that I have been read a lot of FB topics saying:
FB is not designate to work with databases and that's not true. You can prove otherwise. When you have
time and if it is possible, please import at the least, the SQLiteBox component from VisualFreeBasic.

Thank you in advanced.
flaviofornazier

1. Yes, This happen for me also and I report this before. Because the Close function of forms is not close a form and it is hidden a form. So maybe should rewrite code for this function.

2. If you have some examples code for MYSQL, Please post there for the beginner. Maybe later I will post a examples code

3. How to change the size of image and Font for a menu items.
Mr.Avatar,

Thank you for your comments.

All we have to do is trying to be collaborative with authors according to theirs interest level.
I supposed there's a lot of programmers already tired of original VB.NET.

Regards.
flaviofornazier

flaviofornazier wrote: Aug 06, 2022 19:43
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Aug 06, 2022 8:06
Mr.Bekchanov,

Thank you for your efforts, now it's working as expected.

PS: Mr.Avatar, about menus unfortunately the author is right, that's always been a problem,
except if you're using a 32 bit language for Windows in which the use of OCX and/or ActiveX DLL
is relatively easy or something else like B4J and/or similar. Maybe you're creative and design
your own menus.
oyster

Post by oyster »

Coolman wrote: Aug 05, 2022 16:38 yes. i hadn't noticed. sorry. i will continue to study raylib which has an unrestricted license.
well, thank you for reminding me of the GPL license of VisualFBEditor/mff, which will absolutely drive me run away from VisualFBEditor/mff.