VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
Tolo68

Re: VisualFBEditor - IDE for FreeBasic

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 09, 2022 17:19
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 04, 2022 14:03 Anyway, I'll wait for you to upload this version to GitHub, since you have more control over it, and what takes me hours to do, surely you will do in minutes.
Tomorrow I'll see maybe I make another release for you.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 04, 2022 14:03 Someday when I have time, I'll look at the source code, since I'd like to learn how it works.
This is welcome.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 04, 2022 14:03 By the way, I studied Electronics too, so if you need anything you can ask me, and if I know the subject I'll be happy to help you :)
Right now I have no interest yet, but thanks for the offer of help.

Hello XusinBoy!!! How are you doing with the new version of VisualFBEditor???
Greetings from Spain !!!
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Tolo68 wrote: Apr 13, 2022 22:11 Hello XusinBoy!!! How are you doing with the new version of VisualFBEditor???
I'll try on Sunday.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 15, 2022 5:23
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 13, 2022 22:11 Hello XusinBoy!!! How are you doing with the new version of VisualFBEditor???
I'll try on Sunday.
Done.

Version 1.3.2 (April 16, 2022)
- Fixed: Click Set As Main menu item from Tab Window
- Fixed: Showing Functions List and Form/Code view toolbar on Windows XP and Classic without manifest mode
- Added: Bass examples
- Added: Manifest And Run As Administrator options to Project Properties
- Added: Add, Change, Remove and Clear buttons to New Project Dialog's Recent files tab
- Fixed: Run with cmd.exe and PowerShell.exe
- Fixed: Crash 64-bit IDE on open Chart Example
- Fixed: open the execute file like ld.exe in code windows when double click in output windows
- Fixed: Not showing the right selection text after replace in one line
- Added: DPI Awareness PerMonitorV2
- Fixed: The caption of Main Window not updated after save as a file
- Fixed: Edit control High DPI
- Added: Double Click on Edit control divider splits or joins window
- Added: Split vertically to Edit control
- Improved: Edit control proportionally changes the Divided position on control size changed
- Added: Window menu
- Added: Project preprocessor numbering
- Fixed: If the edit control separator is moved down from the edit control then the separator is moved back to the top.
- Improved: The Code editor can be split into two areas.
- Improved: Auto adds Designer property to the Form Constructor on Design
- Improved: Double-clicking a form in Explorer opens the Visual Designer.
- Fixed: The Index of Control array
- Added: Save and Open files with UTF8 (without BOM)
- Fixed: Tip of the Day
- Fixed: Edit Control Caret height on change Font Size with Ctrl+MouseWheel
- Fixed: Crash when changing a Form/Code view in a module without forms.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 16, 2022 17:58
Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 15, 2022 5:23
I'll try on Sunday.
Done.

Version 1.3.2 (April 16, 2022)

Hello Xusinboy !!!! :D Thank you very much for uploading the new version !!, I see that you have added many interesting and useful news. Greetings from Spain !!!! By the way, where are you from ?
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Tolo68 wrote: Apr 16, 2022 22:26 Hello Xusinboy !!!! :D Thank you very much for uploading the new version !!, I see that you have added many interesting and useful news. Greetings from Spain !!!! By the way, where are you from ?
I am from Uzbekistan.

Do you have a Functions List and Form/Code view toolbar in the IDE?
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 16, 2022 23:45
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 16, 2022 22:26 Hello Xusinboy !!!! :D Thank you very much for uploading the new version !!, I see that you have added many interesting and useful news. Greetings from Spain !!!! By the way, where are you from ?
I am from Uzbekistan.

Do you have a Functions List and Form/Code view toolbar in the IDE?
I did not see the list of functions, what is the button like or what menu is it in???

The Form/Code view in the IDE now if I have it in Win XP, as you told me before it did not come out due to a bug or error, but now the buttons do come out.

And the double click on the form in the project explorer also works well, to go to design mode, that's very practical.

One useful thing I saw would be being able to scroll the list of controls on the left of the IDE with the mouse wheel, just like you do in the code and properties windows.

Also if I'm not mistaken, the "About" menu hangs the IDE, and you have to close it and open it again, or at least in Win XP, in other Windows I don't know.

The good thing about your IDE is that I can run it from Linux with Wine.

If I find more utilities that the VB6 IDE has, I'll tell you, since many programmers still use this IDE, despite the fact that the last version came out 25 years ago, and the more similar it is, the better.

Greetings, congratulations on the project!
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 I did not see the list of functions, what is the button like or what menu is it in???
The Function List is located here:
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 Also if I'm not mistaken, the "About" menu hangs the IDE, and you have to close it and open it again, or at least in Win XP, in other Windows I don't know.
I need to test this on WinXP.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 The good thing about your IDE is that I can run it from Linux with Wine.
For Linux, there is also VisualFBEditor64_gtk2 and VisualFBEditor64_gtk3.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 If I find more utilities that the VB6 IDE has, I'll tell you, since many programmers still use this IDE, despite the fact that the last version came out 25 years ago, and the more similar it is, the better.
This is welcome.
visualfreebasic5

Post by visualfreebasic5 »

After entering the code, there is a helpful hint below the code.
When the mouse pointer is just above the prompt, or when the mouse is moved to it, the code editor loses focus and can no longer enter code.
visualfreebasic5

Post by visualfreebasic5 »

1: The black UI looks much better than before, and it's done very well. But what about those who don't like black? Hope to consider adding different color options.

2: When double-clicking the code, the cursor will go to the next few lines, hoping that double-clicking the code can select it.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Xusinboy Bekchanov wrote: Apr 17, 2022 1:16
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 I did not see the list of functions, what is the button like or what menu is it in???
The Function List is located here:
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 Also if I'm not mistaken, the "About" menu hangs the IDE, and you have to close it and open it again, or at least in Win XP, in other Windows I don't know.
I need to test this on WinXP.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 The good thing about your IDE is that I can run it from Linux with Wine.
For Linux, there is also VisualFBEditor64_gtk2 and VisualFBEditor64_gtk3.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 0:52 If I find more utilities that the VB6 IDE has, I'll tell you, since many programmers still use this IDE, despite the fact that the last version came out 25 years ago, and the more similar it is, the better.
This is welcome.
Hello Xusinboy, Good morning

I already saw the list of functions, in version 1.3.1 it also appeared, but today I realized that depending on the width of the IDE, it appeared and disappeared, but in version 1.3.2 it's already perfect.

I'll take a look at testing VisualFBEditor64_gtk2 and VisualFBEditor64_gtk3 on Linux to see how it goes.

In VB6 there is the Debug.Print statement, which displays the data in the immediate window
For example...

Debug.Print 2+2 & " " & "MyString"

I see that VisualFBEditor has the immediate window, but I don't know how to write data to it.

Thank you. Greetings and have a nice day.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

visualfreebasic5 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 5:42 After entering the code, there is a helpful hint below the code.
When the mouse pointer is just above the prompt, or when the mouse is moved to it, the code editor loses focus and can no longer enter code.
Fixed: Edit control lose focus on mouse move to tooltip hyperlink:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/Vi ... 96c9867e97

Changed: ToolTips:
https://github.com/XusinboyBekchanov/My ... 1c10133d33
visualfreebasic5 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 7:02 1: The black UI looks much better than before, and it's done very well. But what about those who don't like black? Hope to consider adding different color options.
As I said, for other colors, we will need to draw the ComboBox, ToolBar, CommandButton ourselves. I'm not planning this yet.
visualfreebasic5 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 7:02 2: When double-clicking the code, the cursor will go to the next few lines, hoping that double-clicking the code can select it.
When I double-click, the words are highlighted.
Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 9:46 In VB6 there is the Debug.Print statement, which displays the data in the immediate window
For example...

I see that VisualFBEditor has the immediate window, but I don't know how to write data to it.
Now you can only show messages in the console using "Print" or "?".
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Tolo68 wrote: Apr 17, 2022 9:46 In VB6 there is the Debug.Print statement, which displays the data in the immediate window
For example...

Now you can only show messages in the console using "Print" or "?".

Ok, thank you very much, it's how I usually do it :D
Avata

Post by Avata »

In VisualFBEditor, the Function DebugPrint has the same function like Debug.print and could save the infomation to log file.
Tolo68

Post by Tolo68 »

Avata wrote: May 05, 2022 9:26 In VisualFBEditor, the Function DebugPrint has the same function like Debug.print and could save the infomation to log file.
Thank you Avata, but this is not exactly what I am saying, I have tried your example, and what it does is show a MsgBox.

Greetings
Avata

Post by Avata »

Oh, It could write a logging file and show the message windows. But Should delete it in time or it will get more and more bigger. Suggestion it was delete when IDE start.

Code: Select all

Private Sub DebugPrint(ByRef MSG As WString, bWriteLog As Boolean = True, bPrintMsg As Boolean = True, bShowMsg As Boolean = True)
	If bWriteLog Then
		Dim As Integer Result, Fn = FreeFile()
		Result = Open(ExePath & "/DebugInfo.log" For Append As #Fn) 'Encoding "utf-8" Can not be using in the same mode
		If Result = 0 Then
			Print #Fn, __DATE_ISO__ & " " & Time & Chr(9) & MSG & Space(20) 'cut some word if some unicode inside.
			Close #Fn
		End If
	End If
	If bPrintMsg Then Print MSG
	If bShowMsg Then MsgBox MSG, "Visual FB Editor"
End Sub