VFB IDE【Visual Freebasic】Like vb6@5.8.11//2023-7-6

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
xiaoyao

Re: New IDE:vfb(Visual Freebasic)Like vb6,vb7(Update 2020-04-30)

Post by xiaoyao »

systemctl wrote:
xiaoyao wrote:
systemctl wrote: So, using Google translate definitely could translate your IDE into English. It seemed the people have trouble with Chinese encoding on their systems, though.
all my message put to this website,i use Google translate,chinese to english.
Coolman

Post by Coolman »

use DeepL instead. the translation is much better.
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

Code cleanup and programming skills are important and valuable:
When I was a senior in Fudan University, I went to play badminton and picked up a U disk, which was 64G.
Just returned to the dormitory to see the school's public number someone sent a lost and found, the content is: who picked up my U disk, reward 3000 yuan.
I thought about it, isn't it just a U disk?3000 yuan can buy ten more, there must be something shameful.
I took the U disk back to the dormitory bed, turned on the computer, and put the U disk in.
Look carefully, inside all is one's deceased father grind study data.
downunder83

Post by downunder83 »

How do you actually get to try this apparently wonderful IDE? There is a link to github in the first post. However, downloading any or all of the files doesn't help. I keep getting told there are errors in the packed files.

Doesn't matter. Just worked out that these file have to be concatenated into a single zip file and the the contents are available
Edited 9/05/2020
xiaoyao

Post by xiaoyao »

The greatness of nginx and redis is not how difficult their technology is. Basically, any qualified programmer, after learning the design ideas and underlying technology behind them, it is not difficult to re-engrave a similar thing through memory. . The reason why nginx and redis are great is that they are the results of their authors' transformation of the world through their own abilities out of dissatisfaction with reality. The most incredible thing behind this is that a person can recognize imperfections in the real world, and at the same time he can think of a way to make improvements, and at the same time he has the ability to realize his own ideas. These three things happen to happen by coincidence. In humans, this is the most valuable thing.
vfb (visual freebasic) is such an invention
St_W

Post by St_W »

@xiaoyao: where can I find the source code for this? Or is this just yet another poor attempt of creating a closed-source FreeBasic IDE going to be abandoned within a few years or even months?
On the GitHub page I just can see a set of ZIP files containing (outdated?) compiled binaries along with some framework code and examples. By the way, this is not how Git/GitHub works, the repository is intended for sources and resources only; binary releases can be uploaded separately, see https://help.github.com/en/github/admin ... repository.
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

On the few days when he started to register on this forum, the Chinese guy was too active. His over passionate made some of us even afraid of him. But look at him now. Finally, he stopped! I think he realized the fact that his works will go to nowhere and already gave up. Or he just got back to work and no longer have time? Who know!
oyster

Post by oyster »

@St_W

no, it is not an open-sourced software
The author has spent a very long time on this project, so it will not be abandoned easily
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

systemctl wrote:On the few days when he started to register on this forum, the Chinese guy was too active. His over passionate made some of us even afraid of him. But look at him now. Finally, he stopped! I think he realized the fact that his works will go to nowhere and already gave up. Or he just got back to work and no longer have time? Who know!
What happened to your pascal site systemctl.
Some folk signed up to it, did you have to go back to work also?
systemctl

Post by systemctl »

dodicat wrote:
systemctl wrote:On the few days when he started to register on this forum, the Chinese guy was too active. His over passionate made some of us even afraid of him. But look at him now. Finally, he stopped! I think he realized the fact that his works will go to nowhere and already gave up. Or he just got back to work and no longer have time? Who know!
What happened to your pascal site systemctl.
Some folk signed up to it, did you have to go back to work also?
I closed it. Only you and me on this forum. You + 4 clones of me. I'm too tired so I closed it.
St_W

Post by St_W »

oyster wrote:no, it is not an open-sourced software
The author has spent a very long time on this project, so it will not be abandoned easily
Could be. It's just a bit strange that the IDE pops up one day, is heavily advertised for a short period of time and now seems to have gone quiet again already. Doesn't sound really promising or trustworthy to me, to be honest. The fact that it can be downloaded from some Chinese website only and that the developer hasn't shown up himself here doesn't improve the situation. If at least the source was available that would mitigate some of the problems (but not all).
poseidonFB is a great example of how a software project should be done: it uses BitBucket (comparable to GitHub) and has the (international) code there in Git, additionally downloads of precompiled binaries are available there too; users can contribute e.g. language file updates by submitting pull requests.
Last edited by St_W on May 31, 2020 21:11, edited 1 time in total.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

St_W wrote:
oyster wrote:no, it is not an open-sourced software
Could be. It's just a bit strange that the IDE pops up one day, is heavily advertised for a short period of time and now seems to have gone quiet again already. Doesn't sound really promising or trustworthy to me, to be honest. The fact that it can be downloaded from some Chinese website only and that the developer hasn't shown up himself here doesn't improve the situation. If at least the source was available that would mitigate some of the problems (but not all).
poseidonFB is a great example of how a software project should be done: it uses BitBucket (comparable to GitHub) and has the code there in Git, additionally downloads of precompiled binaries are available there too; users can contribute e.g. language file updates by submitting pull requests.
There is no source code because I own and have the source code for the main guts of the designer. They took the FireFly Visual Designer and injected into it in order build around the core exe. I'm sure that all the other dll's and stuff that was used to hack into the FireFly exe could be open sourced if they really wanted it to be - granted, I doubt that it would be useful.
St_W

Post by St_W »

PaulSquires wrote:There is no source code because I own and have the source code for the main guts of the designer. They took the FireFly Visual Designer and injected into it in order build around the core exe. I'm sure that all the other dll's and stuff that was used to hack into the FireFly exe could be open sourced if they really wanted it to be - granted, I doubt that it would be useful.
Oh, that sounds even less future-proof then (and a bit impudent if they didn't ask you). I thought that just applied to early versions and the recent versions do not base on Firefly or parts of it anymore, according to the description.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

You may be right about that. Hopefully it is all original.
oyster

Post by oyster »

In fact this software does not appear one day suddenly. The author has developed it for a very long time, discussed and advertised it in several discussion groups in a Chinese instant chat software, i.e. QQ which has been mentioned above, and yes I am in one of the discussion group. Since the author, who is not the guy that made this post, does not know English, he has never advertised vfb here before.

The author claimed that
1. for previous vfb, DLL injection is used on PaulSquire's FireFly Visual Designer. It is a hard way, so I think I have tried to ask PaulSquire whether he can open source FireFly Visual Designer, but PaulSquire refused.

2. then the author of vfb used vfb to program a new vfb which does not depend on FireFly Visual Designer anymore.
But it is beyond my knowledge, I can't tell whether it is true or not.

The author has said, if I remember correctly, he will opensource vfb one day. But I will not take it as a serious promise till he does so.

Although some applications say they can do what VB does. But I don't think I can find the same convenience which is supplied by VB. Even in vfb, deep learning of Windows Programming is need. I don't know if we have grasped such knowledge, why do not to use C directly? Sorry to say so, but I think freebasic's syntax is too tedious to write long code.