Dodicat Zlib

General FreeBASIC programming questions.
dodicat

Re: Dodicat Zlib

Post by dodicat »

I note that Coder Jeff has turned blue.
Win 10 perhaps was updated, or my registry has been breached or I have turned colour blind.
C'mon Albert, don't get banned from a thread with my nomdyploom on it, I'll never forgive myself.
Pentacles is the new squares which was the new circles which all got locked for reasons I have forgotten.
I know that many of the old fans have left freebasic for one reason or another, but pentacles is the place to be for (non compressive) ideas in fb.
SARG

Post by SARG »

Jeff is also now a moderator....
badidea

Post by badidea »

Bruce Banner turns into a green hulk when he is angry. Likewise, Coder Jeff turns into blue Coder Jeff when he is angry.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

dodicat wrote:I note that Coder Jeff has turned blue.
Win 10 perhaps was updated, or my registry has been breached or I have turned colour blind.
I've been doing some house keeping on admin and moderator accounts. Even though I've had moderator and site admin roles for years and years, I've never really noticed this user setting before. Giving it a try. It may change again.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

I note that Imortis is a shade of grey in the moderators list, and when you put the mouse over him/her this changes to a reddish hue, what does this signify?
Coder Jeff, in the words of our bard, nurses his wrath to keep it warm.(As in Tam o Shanter's long suffering wife).
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

I'm pretty sure the grey / red is just the highlight style of the forum.

The Blue versus Grey colouring of the name is based on the default group the user sets in their account (Or I've just set now). So even if they set it back to same colour as a Registered User, they still have all the same group memberships (like Admin or Moderator).
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

This is not good for those with a colour vision deficiency (colour blindness). The 'red-green' colour deficiency affects around 1 in 12 men and 1 in 200 women. There is also a 'blue-yellow' colour vision deficiency, but that is rare.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

Probably just years of looking at the monochromatic colour scheme, but I find the blue distracting. Maybe because we are also active participants on the forum, not just moderator stuff. If I change back to the default colour same as users, there's still the "Site Admin" and "Moderator" labels under the user name to give a hint at roles.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

You could try italics as an emphasis: coderJeff

However, I favour simply bold as with the great unwashed along with the "Site Admin" and "Moderator" labels
badidea

Post by badidea »

coderJeff wrote:Probably just years of looking at the monochromatic colour scheme, but I find the blue distracting. Maybe because we are also active participants on the forum, not just moderator stuff. If I change back to the default colour same as users, there's still the "Site Admin" and "Moderator" labels under the user name to give a hint at roles.
I agree, the blue color is a bit eye-catching. The role labels do not completely match the colors as can be seen in the KeyPgString topic where 'counting_pine', 'coderJeff' and 'fxm' posted in sequence.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Whilst coderJefff is taking a well-earned break from 1.08.0 we could consider medals as in:
where 1 is admin, 2 is moderator, and 3 is imortis.

Some of you may think that I am joking. Some of you are correct. Image

I don't mean any disrespect to imortis but I get the impression that his authority is not as great as coderJeff or fxm even though he has been a member for longer than either of them. Did you know that coderJeff has two usernames. His other one is 'jeffmarshall'. When I joined I asked for P.I.T.A in addition to 'deltarho[1859]' but was refused. P.I.T.A posts would have been much more diplomatic than deltarho[1859] posts. I use 1859 because I have been banned from 1858 forums before coming here. I may now receive an email to consider deltarho[1860] elsewhere. Image
albert

Post by albert »

Like i said "I'm Stupid" My IQ is only 100..

I got kicked out of the U.S. Army back in 1984 , because the Army raised the minimum IQ to 110..
So they had me take another IQ test and i only scored a 105 , so they kicked me out with a "General Discharge"
My associate supply clerk , "Ricky Knighten" , only scored 95 , so they kicked him out too..

Besides that ; my mental health meds make my mind foggy...

Regular compression looks for patterns..
Random data doesn't have patterns.. So pattern searching won't work..

But i noticed in one attempt , that there were 29 "01's" in a row...I set counters to to count how many consecutive 00 , 01 , 10 , 11 there were in a million bytes.. 29 was the highest count..

The Wright brothers , spent 5 years piddling around with different airplane wings , till they found one that would work..
They tried over a hundred wings till they found one that would work...

Current airplane makers also piddle around , trying different wings in wind tunnels..
Because they can't design one that works , with plain aerodynamics formulas.. So they have to play around till they get one that works..

I solved the aerodynamics formula , dilemma...
You take the wind resistance of the upper half the wing.. And then design the bottom half of the wing , to go over that amount of resistance..
So now you can design wings that work without a wind tunnel.. Thanks to me!!!!

So , if you want to lift 1,00o pounds ,
You deign the bottom half of the wing to have 1,000 pounds of resistance more than the top half , at determined cruise speed..
My ideas , might lead to adjustable wings , that can lift various amounts at different settings , and different speeds

So you might have poly-carbonate wings , with pistons , that can alter the slopes of the top and bottom half of the wing.. to get the desired lift at the desired speed..

You could design stealth wings..That bounce the radar away..
If you want 1,000 pound of lift , the top half of the wing might be angled at 45 degrees and the bottom half at 47 degrees.. ???
2 degrees difference might produce the 1,000 pounds of lift at Mach 1 ?? Might only be 45.5 degrees on the bottom ???

So; if a plane looses power , the wings would automatically adjust , to provide lift at the lowered speed...So the plane would have a longer glide ratio..
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

deltarho[1859] wrote: I don't mean any disrespect to imortis but I get the impression that his authority is not as great as coderJeff or fxm even though he has been a member for longer than either of them.
You would have been correct. I did not have much in the way of authority before. coderJeff has now fixed this.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Imortis wrote:coderJeff has now fixed this.
Good!
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

albert wrote:
I got kicked out of the U.S. Army back in 1984
. . .
We have to watch out in freeBASIC now Albert, never mind the army.
There is an expanded team of moderators now, all armed to the teeth with great powers, with a bunch of sycophants hot on their tail.
That is a recipe for . . . er . . . I am note sure??
I think I'll call them the progress team to be in line with some of the names for the new parties popping up for a soon to come election over here.

Talking of wind tunnels, my mother worked for Wernher von Braun when there was an experimental wind tunnel in Brunswick.
The American and British troops messed up the wind tunnel library during the occupation, as well as messing up Brunswick.
My mother was part of a team to repair the library (resetting all the books), because the Americans and British realized how important these were.
So important that they carefully removed the repaired library and wind tunnel overseas as well as Wernher von Braun.
My mother also moved overseas, not for any other reason than she married one of the British soldiers after the library job was done.
And she still lives in Scotland.