BASS Issue

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
Username

BASS Issue

Post by Username »

If I DIM variables pertaining to BASS sound (Dim As String death0file = "C:\Program Files\FreeBASIC\Gog Umagog The Game\Assets\Audio\death0.ogg"
Dim As HSTREAM death0stream = BASS_StreamCreateFile(0, StrPtr(death0file), 0, 0, 0)), it cannot be at the beginning of the code. I seemingly have to put the DIM lines in close proximity to the variables' usage, otherwise the sound won't play and I'll get a BASS error code 5. How do I fix this? Thanks.
paul doe

Re: BASS Issue

Post by paul doe »

Can you provide a code sample where the above occurs? Thanks.
UEZ

Post by UEZ »

Just a guess: if you are calling death0stream variable within a function and want to use is outside then you should declare it as shared at the top.

Code: Select all

Dim Shared As HSTREAM death0stream
Username

Post by Username »

UEZ wrote:Just a guess: if you are calling death0stream variable within a function and want to use is outside then you should declare it as shared at the top.

Ok I'll try that. THANKS!
Username

Post by Username »

UEZ wrote:Just a guess: if you are calling death0stream variable within a function and want to use is outside then you should declare it as shared at the top.

it says var-length strings cannot be initialized. :/
Username

Post by Username »

actually i made a mistake
Username

Post by Username »

it works!