Windows specific questions.
srvaldez

Re: WinFBE - drWinFBE_Tools.chm

Post by srvaldez »

thank you deltarho[1859] :-)
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

I haven't 'pushed' this but its worth reminding folk if we append the plugin's filename, in the Tools folder, with either 'l' or 'L' and the corresponding entries in 'Tools>User Tools...' then a larger font size is used for those whose eyesight is not as good as it once was.

The font size is increased from 8 to 12. I chose 12 rather than a variable because Windows does not quite get it right by simply increasing the font size. On three occasions, slight adjustments were required to make it look as though Windows gets it right. Image

For example:
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

As we age, our long-term memory seems to get better, but our short-term memory seems to get worse.

Presently I have fbc versions 1.08.1, 1.09.0, and 1.10.0 in my WinFBE 3.0.1 toolchains folder. With SetCompilerPathsII it was clear which fbc version was active. SetCompilerPathsII does not ship with WinFBE 3.0.0 and above. If we forget which fbc version was active in the last WinFBE session, we can check with 'Shift+F7 > Compiler Setup'. I find that tedious.

With SetCompilerSwitchesII ( V 1.09 ) the active fbc version is displayed in the Window text.

For example:

If we change to another fbc version then, in the blink of an eye, the Window text will reflect the change.

There is a required condition: The name of the toolchain must contain the sub string "-<fbc version>-", eg -1.10.0-, with the two minus signs occurring before any other minus signs. All the FreeBASIC toolchains satisfy this criteria.

SetCompilerSwitchesII.zip can be got in the opening post. ( V 1.09 )
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

New version of SetCompilerSwitchesII uploaded. CSwitches used to watch what CPaths was up to and vice versa. CPaths no longer exists so the 'watching' has been removed.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

thank you deltarho[1859] :)
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

We don't need 'CSwitches' in the Title - we know what the form does.

What we now get is:
<fbc version> / <gcc version>

Example
SetCompilerSwitchesII.zip can be got in the opening post. ( V 1.10 )
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

It seems that I was taking liberties with the Window title so have added a statusbar. :)

Example
SetCompilerSwitchesII.zip can be got in the opening post. ( V 1.11 )
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

nice :)
Arachnophilia

Post by Arachnophilia »

Hello David

SetCompilerSwitchesII does not work for me. :wink:
When starting the programme, a window appears very briefly and closes again immediately.
I have no chance to read any message or window content.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Hi Arachnophilia

That sounds like WinFBE is not running. Is that true?
Arachnophilia

Post by Arachnophilia »

Hello David

You are right.
I had not started SetCompilerSwitchII via WinFBE, but independently. This solved the "error".
Thank you for the feedback.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

There is a small note in the Help file: “If SetCompilerSwitchesII is running when WinFBE closes then it will close as well.” Perhaps I should expand on that.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

I have recently downloaded WinFBE V3.08 and noticed that SetCompilerSwitchesII is still at V1.07. This is why I started this thread to provide the latest version, which is now at V1.13. The last version mentioned above is V1.11. I cannot remember what V1.12 did. :)

Anyway, V1.13 now has an Edit button which brings up an input box written by José Roca. The edit control is populated with the current command line which we can subtract/add to without having to navigate to WinFBE's 'Compiler Setup' form.

Use the links in the opening post to get V1.13 and the updated Help file; which details the new Edit button feature.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

With the Edit button, we can quickly clear the current command line. Some of you may be wondering why anyone would want to do that. In the Help file, I gave no reason. One reason to clear the command line is when source code on the FreeBASIC forum uses #cmdline, and we want to run the code as the author intended.
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

Yours truly wrote:when source code on the FreeBASIC forum uses #cmdline
I wondered how often that was the case, so did a forum search. It was only introduced in fbc 1.09.0 but has become very popular. So clearing the current command line may be done much more frequently than I thought it might. The method employed in V1.13 is OK, but I figured a faster way would be in order.

To that end, another button has been added to the SCS form named 'Clear'. Clicking that will see the current command line deleted, without further ado – no need to invoke the 'SCS - Edit form' and use "" as a request to clear.

V1.14 and updated Help file in opening post; mentioning one reason why we would want to clear the current command line.