CHMVIEW

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
miilvyxg

Re: CHMVIEW

Post by miilvyxg »

VANYA wrote:
miilvyxg wrote:What about a Windows version? Sometimes Windows' own CHM Viewer just unable to open or render the CHM correctly. Having an alternative is good.
I haven't thought about the windows version yet
Was it written with cross platform in mind? No Linux specific being used? If it's so perhaps just compile it for Windows is enough.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

miilvyxg wrote: Was it written with cross platform in mind? No Linux specific being used? If it's so perhaps just compile it for Windows is enough.
There is a lot of linux-specific code in the program.
Without serious edits, it will not work to compile for Windows.
The program was not planned to be cross-platform. Windows has a good built-in viewer, and Linux, although there are several viewers, but they all did not suit me.
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

VANYA wrote:
miilvyxg wrote: Was it written with cross platform in mind? No Linux specific being used? If it's so perhaps just compile it for Windows is enough.
There is a lot of linux-specific code in the program.
Without serious edits, it will not work to compile for Windows.
The program was not planned to be cross-platform. Windows has a good built-in viewer, and Linux, although there are several viewers, but they all did not suit me.
I understand. On Windows there are many alternatives. Just another chm viewer is not that important. I only wanted to spread FB written apps so people will know about FB more.
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Updated:

1) UNDO | REDO reworked because webkit internals didn't always work as they should. Made my implementation
2) Fixed a bug with encoding when the program is built with GTK3
VANYA

Post by VANYA »

Updated:

1) Fixed the problem of parsing HHC HTML files
2) I tried to get rid of the libtinfo5 dependency by linking the program with this one statically. A trial version of the binaries has been uploaded. I hope there will be no problems. This is necessary so that this lib is not required on new distros, especially since it has already been cut out of all popular distros. Unfortunately, this trick does not work with all programs. My console editor works like this without problems, but IUP_FB_EDITOR already has problems due to such binding (some kind of systemic problem of linux binding on x86-64). I'll see what will happen to this utility, the more it is used all the time, so I think if there is a problem, it will come to light quickly.