Since?

Forum for discussion about the documentation project.
speedfixer

Re: Since?

Post by speedfixer »

Pardon me: 1.07.1, of course.

I think I know why:
OS detection in the browser.

I see:

FreeBASIC-1.07.1-linux--x86.tar.gz(6.2 MB)

david
SARG

Post by SARG »

speedfixer wrote:OS detection in the browser.

FreeBASIC-1.07.1-linux--x86.tar.gz(6.2 MB)
I can confirm, using my laptop running Linux, the link has not been updated.
speedfixer

Post by speedfixer »

Updated sometime after last post. Thank you.
coderJeff
Site Admin

Post by coderJeff »

speedfixer wrote:Updated sometime after last post. Thank you.
I forgot to set the latest version for linux on the last release and updated it, thanks.
fxm

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote: Regarding the differences due to the upcoming version, the additional step that I am currently applying allows users, who mostly only use the official version but on the other hand the wiki, to more easily identify in the description itself the recent changes which do not concern them yet (rather than going to see the 'Version' section every time systematically, or then believe in a bug).
Likewise, when the official version of the documentation is released, it is helpful if recent differences (due to this new version) in the use of keywords are highlighted in the descriptive text itself and not returned. in a section that represents for me the history but not the immediate one.

But if a majority emerges to skip this intermediate step, I am ready to do so, and not with regret (because it is not for me that I am doing it).
(today, this concerns only 3 keywords: KeyPgExtendsZstring, KeyPgExtendsWstring, KeyPgOpProcptr)
The differences (due to the upcoming version) but still in the description part being small (and only 3 documentation pages concerned), I updated these pages to document the current development as if it is about to be released at any moment (version differences reported in the 'Version' section):
- KeyPgOpProcptr → fxm [Updated to document current development as if it is about to be released at any moment (version differences reported in the 'Version' section)]
- KeyPgExtendsWstring → fxm [Updated to document current development as if it is about to be released at any moment (version differences reported in the 'Version' section)]
- KeyPgExtendsZstring → fxm [Updated to document current development as if it is about to be released at any moment (version differences reported in the 'Version' section)]

(anyway, it is only the idiots who do not change their mind)