The Treasure Box Library - GLib alternative

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
TJF

Re: The Treasure Box Library - GLib alternative

Post by TJF »

miilvyxg wrote:There are many implementations of various separate containers but no complete collection of containers, isn't it?
No, it isn't. What about gir_headers?
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

TJF wrote:
miilvyxg wrote:There are many implementations of various separate containers but no complete collection of containers, isn't it?
No, it isn't. What about gir_headers?
Meaningless. This TBOX library is for exactly who don't want to use GLib. And you present us GLib? Do you find it's contradicting?
TJF

Post by TJF »

miilvyxg wrote:... who don't want to use GLib. And you present us GLib? Do you find it's contradicting?
Yes, it's contradicting! I was talking about gir_headers. You're talking about GLIB? You should explain that.
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

TJF wrote:
miilvyxg wrote:... who don't want to use GLib. And you present us GLib? Do you find it's contradicting?
Yes, it's contradicting! I was talking about gir_headers. You're talking about GLIB? You should explain that.
Your gir_headers generates binding using gobject instrospection. It's only useful for libaries have gobject instrospection support. We are talking about meta framework like TBOX. The only gobject introspection correspondent is glib, isn't it? When you present gir_headers you actually prefering glib.

I have visited your github repo. I have checked gir-headers. Most of it is GTK related (Atk, Gdk,...). Is it any useful to help the translation of this TBOX library this thread is talking about? No. Absolutely no.

I don't want to play with you. If you serious, talk. If not, ignore. I hate people play with me like I'm fool most.
TJF

Post by TJF »

j8w344c6 is talking about a GLIB replacement.

You're talking
miilvyxg wrote:I prefer to include only one header and have everything, too. Maybe I'm lazy. There are many implementations of various separate containers but no complete collection of containers, isn't it?
Do you remember?

BTW: What do you mean by
miilvyxg wrote:... gir_headers generates binding using gobject instrospection.
How can headers generate bindings?
miilvyxg

Post by miilvyxg »

TJF wrote:j8w344c6 is talking about a GLIB replacement.

You're talking
miilvyxg wrote:I prefer to include only one header and have everything, too. Maybe I'm lazy. There are many implementations of various separate containers but no complete collection of containers, isn't it?
Do you remember?

BTW: What do you mean by
miilvyxg wrote:... gir_headers generates binding using gobject instrospection.
How can headers generate bindings?
These headers are the result of another automation tool (gir2bac) generates binding using gobject introspection. For library without gobject introspection like TBOX, it's completely useless.

I find the api of GLib too ugly. I want a container collection I could add and use but not GLib. GLib is too big. BTW, this container collection must be written in FB itself. I'm not talking about binding. Your GLib binding, truly speaking, is still using C code.

Do you find any joy playing with me like I'm a fool? You of course understand what I wrote. But you tried to twist the words to make me appeared as a fool. My English is bad anyone could twist my word to mean what I don't mean. Enough man, I don't want to play this game with you. Let me alone.
TJF

Post by TJF »

I don't twist your words, I just quote.

If you aim serious talking, then start.

Who is responsible for TBOX? Why should anybody care about a library without a complete postal address of the responsible developers or the financiers?

Do you expect others working just because you find existing alternatives 'too ugly'?
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

miilvyxg wrote:...
I find the api of GLib too ugly. I want a container collection I could add and use but not GLib.
For what purpose? Can you even code something simple in FB? I don't think I've seen any code from you besides some trivial translation a while back.
BTW, this container collection must be written in FB itself. I'm not talking about binding.
Any particular reason why?

Funny, all you do is argue and talk and complain, but you can hardly take the time to read anything. In the very post you quoted, see my answer to freeCish:
paul doe wrote:
freeCish wrote:
paul doe wrote:Because you didn't searched enough. There are many implementations just hanging around here.
I laughed so hard. The forum's search function is broken (useless). What Google gives me also not worth to mention. Accept it. FreeBASIC users are more about immediate result like a simple Win32 API program or a game, but about investing on core infrastructures like this there is almost nothing.
Just one of the many results from a 'linked list implementation' search:

The big review

There you'll find more implementations from data structures than you can dream of (among lots of other useful things). And there are many more. I can post a simple set if needed.
Yeah, that's very hateful.

Perhaps forums aren't for you guys. You simply can't stop arguing, even when directly requested.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

freeCish wrote :
there is absolutely no current production ready implementation of containers for FB.
I worked for several years in the industry. The words "production ready" and "industrial standard" have a business meaning which is sometimes different from everyday language, due to the context. For example, the industrial standard is not the "industry standard". The industrial standard (the 'yours one') are the rules accepted by the staff to validate the relevance of use at your own industrial level. Being "production ready" implies you first must be up to the "industrial standard" that is yours. Now, transcribing that into the realm of software engineering and saying : "there is no current production ready implementation of containers for FB", I agree.
badidea

Post by badidea »

If an industrial standard for programming existed, the Germans would have given it a number and added DIN in front of it.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

@badidea : a "cliche", Germans have a reputation of some rigor indeed, as well as Netherlands. Despite lzle is not "production ready", it tends or try to get closer I hope, especially with an instruction set that can do away with the need to use pointers, as you know :-)
Project page and documentation page are best places for reports, some support if needed, questions on every subjects, evolution requets and so on.
This possibility is also important to get as closer as possible to a "production ready" state.