A huge C library resource for FB

External libraries (GTK, GSL, SDL, Allegro, OpenGL, etc) questions.
j8w344c6

A huge C library resource for FB

Post by j8w344c6 »

So many useful C libraries. I hope I could translate as much as possible headers to use with FB but it's not easy. I put the page here so anyone could pick up the library they need and translating headers for FB:

https://github.com/oz123/awesome-c
coderJeff
Site Admin

Re: A huge C library resource for FB

Post by coderJeff »

I think you will find that the number of users that are interested in FreeBASIC AND C AND translating headers is very small.

fbfrog is helpful indeed, but it is not magic conversion tool. You will need an understanding of both FreeBASIC language and C language to create a good translation of a C header and library for use in fbc.

May I suggest that you choose one library that you find interesting and actually want to use to create something with FreeBASIC. I think the end result will be something that will be useful to yourself and worth sharing.
j8w344c6

Re: A huge C library resource for FB

Post by j8w344c6 »

coderJeff wrote:I think you will find that the number of users that are interested in FreeBASIC AND C AND translating headers is very small.

fbfrog is helpful indeed, but it is not magic conversion tool. You will need an understanding of both FreeBASIC language and C language to create a good translation of a C header and library for use in fbc.

May I suggest that you choose one library that you find interesting and actually want to use to create something with FreeBASIC. I think the end result will be something that will be useful to yourself and worth sharing.
I present this list so other members would know about these awesome C libraries and choose what they need. I already picked up everything I need from this list.