Last version of Gtk 3

Headers, Bindings, Libraries for use with FreeBASIC, Please include example of use to help ensure they are tested and usable.
wallyg

Last version of Gtk 3

Post by wallyg »

GTK 3.24.13 is the last version that will ever be produced of GTK. Gtk 4.x is now the standard. I am not at the current time interested in 4.x and not sure if I ever will be. I am happy with 3.24.13.

I have however run into a function call that was introduced in 3.22. It was not found in Gtk3.bi. I just realized that the release version 1.09 of FB contains the GTK 3.16.6 GTK.bi file.

Is there any chance a GTK 3.24.13 version is available? I have the binaries for 3.24.13 via MSYS.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Wally
TJF

Re: Last version of Gtk 3

Post by TJF »

Find a header for version 3.24.18 at

https://github.com/DTJF/gir_headers/blo ... Gtk-3.0.bi

Note:
In order to keep the headers up-to-date, they must follow the GI specs. Therefor they're not designed to get mixed with the GLIB-based headers shipped with FreeBASIC. It's recommended to install/use the complete header set in a separate GIR folder. You're free to remove top-level headers you wont use (ie GTK-4.0.bi).
wallyg

Post by wallyg »

Thank you. I downloaded the file you specified. It all seems to compile ok except for 2 errors

Error 42: Variable not declared cairo_toy_font_face_create
Error 42: Variable not declared cairo_font_face_destroy

I have been using cario 1.16.0 which seems to be the latest version for a while.

cairo_toy_font_face_create has been around since 1.8
cairo_font_face_destroy has been around since 1.0

Previously with the version of gtk3 that comes with 1.09 of the compiler, the cairo routines compile and execute correctly.

Any suggestions?

Wally
TJF

Post by TJF »

The cairo header is a dummy, containing just the minimal stuff.

If you want to use cairo for drawing, #INCLUDE the fbc header first:

Code: Select all

#INCLUDE ONCE "cairo/cairo.bi"
#INCLUDE ONCE "Gir/GTK-3.0.bi"