Search for files by multiple extensions

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
jj2007

Re: Search for files by multiple extensions

Post by jj2007 »

Munair wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:49
jj2007 wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:47 [and exaggerated "type safety" that results in absurd warnings
Recompile the Lazarus IDE and count the warnings. :D
I don't know that one, but I can imagine. For Pelles C, which is a really nice compiler, I had to write an application named polinkfilter.exe, which filters out all the really unnecessary crap that floods the output window. What the compiler designers don't realise is that when you receive 100 warnings, you can't see the two warnings that may really cause a bug later on. Madness.
Munair

Post by Munair »

There are compilers out there that try to distinguish between hints, warnings and critical warnings. But it's never perfect.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

jj2007 wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:47
paul doe wrote: Feb 20, 2022 16:50 There's the door over there
Cool down, young man. I am poking you a little bit, trying to give you the inspiration needed to make the language deserve the "B" in its name.
Oh so a mod calls you out for what amounts to little more than trolling, yet you do not only shrug it off, but even condescend him? That's not a wise call, I'd say. I think a 1 month suspension will serve you to 'cool down'.

PS: I do not want user 'opinions' to pollute this thread. If you have something to say, do so in another topic. Thanks.
gerry

Post by gerry »

paul doe wrote: Feb 20, 2022 19:52
jj2007 wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:47
paul doe wrote: Feb 20, 2022 16:50 There's the door over there
Cool down, young man. I am poking you a little bit, trying to give you the inspiration needed to make the language deserve the "B" in its name.
Oh so a mod calls you out for what amounts to little more than trolling, yet you do not only shrug it off, but even condescend him? That's not a wise call, I'd say. I think a 1 month suspension will serve you to 'cool down'.

PS: I do not want user 'opinions' to pollute this thread. If you have something to say, do so in another topic. Thanks.
Well, yes, the file search turned into a conflict search. the issue has been resolved so there is no point in conflicting anymore :roll:
marcov

Post by marcov »

jj2007 wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:54
Munair wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:49
jj2007 wrote: Feb 20, 2022 18:47 [and exaggerated "type safety" that results in absurd warnings
Recompile the Lazarus IDE and count the warnings. :D
I don't know that one, but I can imagine. For Pelles C, which is a really nice compiler, I had to write an application named polinkfilter.exe, which filters out all the really unnecessary crap that floods the output window.
Lazarus has such filters configurable and built in. On the commandline you can also suppress individual warnings with commandline parameters (or in the fpc.cfg)