My dwarf rabbit

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Lost Zergling

My dwarf rabbit

Post by Lost Zergling »

My dwarf rabbit is an adorable animal. With the coming spring comes bunny ideas. Do you also have a pet ?
marcov

Re: My dwarf rabbit

Post by marcov »

No, but my compiler generates DWARF.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

It's a beginning.
badidea

Post by badidea »

Not really, but my bird nesting box outside is cleaned and ready again. And at a cat-safe location.
Last year I had two nests of great tits in April and in June.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

Great news ! :-)
marcov

Post by marcov »

badidea wrote: Mar 01, 2022 23:46 Not really, but my bird nesting box outside is cleaned and ready again. And at a cat-safe location.
Last year I had two nests of great tits in April and in June.
Garden mostly has great tits in the holly and all kinds of crow-alikes (magpies, crows,jackdaws) scavenge here when there are no cats roaming. (neighbourhood cats, not mine)

But I'm more of a plant guy. Not die hard, but have some Olive and Citrus plants. A Cherry tree, blackberry and two kinds of grape in the garden etc.
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

I had a wasp's nest in my birdbox last Summer, right above the front door.
I let them do their thing of course. Some days I noticed they were bad tempered, and didn't like folk using the front door, so we had to dodge a bit.
Other times they were fine.
In Scotland Olive and Citrus plants do not survive the weather.
Blackberry (bramble) are abundant.
Wild cherries (Gean) also do well here.
Unfortunately, once again I am a party pooper, all the rabbits around here have been wiped out by farmers spreading a virus.
So much for COP26 in Glasgow.
Lost Zergling

Post by Lost Zergling »

Few months ago, I bought at an exorbitant price for what it was an exotic outdoor plant from South America that I found very beautiful for my garden.
Warranted suitable for the climate, it resists well, but all the cats in the neighborhood now come to roll in it. I'm afraid I did deserve it. :roll: :mrgreen:
marcov

Post by marcov »

dodicat wrote: Mar 02, 2022 15:27 In Scotland Olive and Citrus plants do not survive the weather.
Here they can survive about one winter if it is not too bad. But even two mild winters in a row is killing, the needed recovery apparently shorts the growing season too much. So the trees are in pots, and moved to the living in the coldest months. A greenhouse or so would be better of course.
Blackberry (bramble) are abundant.
Yeah, here too but wild ones don't set much fruit. I have a cultivar that reliable brings around 10kg annually.
Wild cherries (Gean) also do well here.
They used to be more abundant (more so even in Belgium), but now they are rare. But the cherry is a cultivar too, an old German variety called Hedelfinger. My grandparents had one, so I wanted the same.
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

Here we have an abundance of Andean raspberries, blackberries and Loquat trees (especially these last ones; they are delicious). They are found on streets and backyards all over the place. I used to make liquors with them when I was still married, since my old home had all three.

Now I live in downtown, and I miss them a lot (made the springs all the more tasty). The only place where I have a bit of soil is at the front; tried to grow all three to no avail...