What happened with KLBear?

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
angros47

What happened with KLBear?

Post by angros47 »

Almost all his post seem to have been deleted yesterday
Imortis

Re: What happened with KLBear?

Post by Imortis »

He deleted them himself. He asked mods via PM to delete all messages (not just his) related to the RLE stuff he posted. We did not delete anything. He went on a deleting spree of his own posts, including things that have nothing to do with the RLE.

When we noticed he was deleting his posts, we gave a temp ban (7 days) to try and keep the damage from being too great, but it was a bit too late.
badidea

Post by badidea »

Not sure, he (or she) started a act very nervous at some point. Especially in the "Compression algorithm" topic. Many sequential posts, then a request to delete all this posts in that topic. I think he mentioned a job offer related to that at some point. Then he wanted to contact paul doe (https://freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.p ... 63#p290763) and then he started to erase his posts, but posted a new a question for dodicat on data compression in "FreeBasic Quirk" which I flagged a as off-topic. Partly because he started to annoy me with his erratic behavior. Also I dislike deletion of information even if it is incorrect or nonsense. It could be that he is young and somewhat insecure person. Or KLBear stands for Kremlin bear and is actually Putin doing a bit of freebasic hacking in the bunkers below Moscow and now wants to erase his online existence before complete internet disconnection.
angros47

Post by angros47 »

That's sad to hear. Some of the deleted stuff (like the sound one) were what inspired me to make the sfx library
TJF

Post by TJF »

Nobody can get forced to be smart ...
paul doe

Post by paul doe »

Indeed, he basically deleted himself. He contacted me about this 'job offer' for his 'revolutionary' compression method, and wanted me to delete his and my posts about the subject, then ban him. I refused, and then (after some PM back and forth) apparently took the issue on his own hands and deleted all his posts. When we realized it, it was unfortunately too late.

According to him, his new boss wanted 'all mentions of his compression method deleted from the Internet'[sic]. Trying to explain to him that there wasn't anything particularly revolutionary nor secret about his 'compression' proved futile...