Nice to See Some Familiar Users Still Here

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
vdecampo

Nice to See Some Familiar Users Still Here

Post by vdecampo »

I've been away for a while. I just popped back in to see what's new with FreeBASIC and it's nice to see a lot a familiar users still around! Reading through some of the threads and laughing at how things never change. Same gripes and rants just different people writing them! :D

I came back because I always loved FBGFX and how easy it was, so I created a project to wrap the lib for use in C#. Yes, yes I write mostly in C# these days, but you always got to come back to where you grew up!

Anyways, nice to see you guys and I will try to get back more often, and even post a new game maybe?! :o

Cheers!
-Vince
caseih

Re: Nice to See Some Familiar Users Still Here

Post by caseih »

That's really interest! Is your C# library a wrapper then, or did you try to re-implement the primitives in C#? Did you release your C# wrapper somewhere?
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

It's a wrapper. I had an earlier version I wrote a while ago posted here...

viewtopic.php?t=22103

My latest version incorporates a newer version plus some other classes for sound, keyboard, controller, tile mapping, physics, and collisions to create a game library for C#. Once I have it completed I plan on starting a new game written in the new library.

Cheers
-Vince
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

Strangely enough vdecampo I was looking up some old fb posters a couple of days ago, yourself, michaelw, kiyotewolf, sancho3, quark and others.
They all seem to have departed without a word of farewell, no indication that they are off on some prolonged sabbatical.
I suppose getting engrossed in another language or project, or even crossing the great divide, explains all.
fb graphics and keyboard functions are easy to pass in a dll to c++ and pascal, (and thus to many other languages I suppose).
Also they are very easy to use once they get there.
I have not tried out C#.
Thanks for your visit.
vdecampo

Post by vdecampo »

dodicat wrote: Apr 19, 2022 7:10 They all seem to have departed without a word of farewell, no indication that they are off on some prolonged sabbatical.
I suppose getting engrossed in another language or project, or even crossing the great divide, explains all.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was just R/L getting in the way. I relocated to Florida and back to Maryland 8 years later. That coupled with new jobs, raising my kid, and taking care of my mother have kept me away. Now that things are settling down, my kid is graduating high school, I hope to be around more now that I have time to contribute. There are still classic arcade games to be remade! :D

Cheers
-Vince
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

hello vdecampo
I would like a moon cresta clone, back in the 80's I was working on an oil well drilling rig which gave us workers living accommodations on location
they also had a table-top version of moon cresta that we enjoyed playing