CPU % usage meter.

Post your FreeBASIC source, examples, tips and tricks here. Please don’t post code without including an explanation.
UEZ

Re: CPU % usage meter.

Post by UEZ »

dodicat wrote: Jun 03, 2022 1:09 Thanks UEZ, I got it from mediafire.
The free memory in the watch sits a little higher
fb 3.75 ish Mb
watch 3835 ish Kb
The cpu speeds match quite well.
One of our cats was sitting on top of the computer (it always does), but when I clicked (about) it was gone, probably didn't like that tune.
AutoIt script language looks powerful, the graphics look polished.
Thanks for the link.
Thanks for testing it. :D The graphics are embedded PNGs with alpha channel using GDI+ with antialiasing. :wink:
Since your cat doesn't like Beethoven, you now have a way to get your cat away when it's on the computer. :lol:

Autoit is easy to learn, have a great community, you can implement things easily since almost the entire Windows API has been wrapped, but since it is an interpreter language, it is not performant in all areas, especially graphics areas. That was actually the main reason why I switched to FB. FB also has other advantages that Autoit can't offer, such as creating DLLs.
srvaldez

Post by srvaldez »

is it the opening of the 5th symphony?
dodicat

Post by dodicat »

The tune was familiar, but I don't have an ear for classical stuff, (I don't speak Italian for starters). I am a Dubliners type of connoisseur, or some old melodies you would hear at closing time.
I think My cat is of the same ilk.
UEZ

Post by UEZ »

srvaldez wrote: Jun 03, 2022 11:11 is it the opening of the 5th symphony?
No, it is "Für Elise". :wink:

@dodicat: I don't usually listen to classical music either, but the notes were translated into midi format by "czardas", a user from the Autoit forum, and midis can easily be played internally by Windows. That was basically the reason, apart from the fact that I find the melody pleasant.

If I had a cat, it would probably run away when hearing bagpipe music. :lol:
adeyblue

Post by adeyblue »

UEZ wrote: Jun 03, 2022 12:39 If I had a cat, it would probably run away when hearing bagpipe music. :lol:
/Everybody/ runs away when hearing bagpipe music :D
deltarho[1859]

Post by deltarho[1859] »

The secret with classical music is to find the period which does the most for you. For me, the Romantic period (1780 - 1910 ) hits all the right buttons. I'm OK with pre-1780, the Classical period, with Mozart and so on, but the Romantic period is, for me, something else.

Romantic period composers: Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Chopin, Schumann, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, et al.

I am not a fan of symphonies – I go for concertos; violin, cello, and piano.

@dodicat

Try this with headphones and a few drams after taking the dogs for a walk.

Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Piano Concerto n.2, Second Movement

PS When I was a teenager a friend lent me a LP of the Dubliners – he never got it back. :)