Indie Game Jam 2022 (with Prizes)

Game development specific discussions.
BlitzCoder

Indie Game Jam 2022 (with Prizes)

Post by BlitzCoder »

Hello FreeBasic Community,

We are having our first Indie Game Competition this 2022! :D

If you are an independent game developer with a game just finished this year or are still working on one then you are welcome to join BlitzCoder.org and submit your entry before 31 October 2022.

Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.

There is no restriction on what development tool you are using and it doesn't matter if it is 2D or 3D. It can be just a demo or the full game, free or commercial but it should be playable on a desktop OS (preferably Windows 10). Entries should be posted here before November with your game title, download link, and an in-game picture.

More info and details here: https://blitzcoder.org/gamejam

Cheers.
Last edited by BlitzCoder on Jun 18, 2022 13:27, edited 3 times in total.
badidea

Re: Indie Game Competition 2022 (with Prizes)

Post by badidea »

Nice. So no specific theme?
I have not written a single line of code in the last 2 months. Busy with other stuff currently, but it is not October yet.
First, I'll search for the weirdest desktop OS in existence :-)
BlitzCoder

Post by BlitzCoder »

Yes, its our first jam since we got started so no specifics.

Sure thing. It's still early so take your time, but perhaps stick to Windows 10 just to make sure the judges can easily check it out. :)
TeeEmCee

Post by TeeEmCee »

I've seen these kinds of game contests with prizes and no entry conditions posted to the FB forums a number of times, and I've always been perplexed: is it really intended to a free-for-all with drive-by submissions and absolutely no restrictions except running on a PC? Because the number of indie game demos released every year which seem to qualify is the high thousands. What if someone links to the contest on the forums of popular game creation engines like Game Maker, Godot, RPG Maker, do you really want that? I guess the goal is to drive traffic to the BlitzMax forums? Should I share it in smaller gamedev communities?
BlitzCoder

Post by BlitzCoder »

TeeEmCee wrote: Jun 17, 2022 12:03I guess the goal is to drive traffic to the BlitzMax forums?
It's one of the reasons. It would be nice to have some reach and visibility. Hopefully more than enough would come and join the competition.

You see, Mark, our sponsor for this first game competition, made these rules. He is also responsible and currently maintaining the OpenB3D BlitzMax wrapper which I know you are all familiar with here.
TeeEmCee wrote: Jun 17, 2022 12:03Should I share it in smaller gamedev communities?
Why not and please do. That would be great. :)

and for further questions..
If you have any questions just ask but questions about the rules should be posted on the competition rules.
Cheers.
TeeEmCee

Post by TeeEmCee »

Cool, will do.

And Mark is an Aucklander like me so I've always been interested in Blitz Research and wish it success though admittedly I haven't yet tried any of the languages/engines.
BlitzCoder

Post by BlitzCoder »

TeeEmCee wrote: Jun 18, 2022 2:17 And Mark is an Aucklander like me so I've always been interested in Blitz Research and wish it success though admittedly I haven't yet tried any of the languages/engines.
Good to know.

By the way, it's another Mark, not Mark Silby of Blitz. :)
TeeEmCee

Re: Indie Game Jam 2022 (with Prizes)

Post by TeeEmCee »

Aww. Does that mean Mark Silby is not that active there, if he isn't the most well known Mark?
BlitzCoder

Post by BlitzCoder »

If you are talking about the blitzbasic.com site, apparently he gave it all up years ago.

oh and it's Sibly.. my typo.
BlitzCoder

Post by BlitzCoder »

Update:

Aside from the $125 cash prizes each for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Winners:

Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro for 1st and 2nd, SE for 3rd place Winners
Fragmotion Licenses for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Winners
RigSoft TimeLineFX Licenses for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Winners
Spine 2D Animation Tool Essential Licenses for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place Winners

Thanks to our Sponsors.