FreeBASIC color on GitHub

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

FreeBASIC color on GitHub

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

Github has this instruction:
Changing the color associated with a language
Many of the colors associated with the languages within Linguist have been in place for a very long time. The colors were often chosen based on the colors used by the language at the time and since then users will have become familiar with those colors as they appear on GitHub.com. If you would like to change the color of a language, we ask that you propose your suggested color change to the wider community for your language to gain consensus before submitting a pull request. Please do this in a community forum or repository used and known by the wider community of that language, not the Linguist repository.

Once you've received consensus that the community is happy with your proposed color change, please feel free to open a PR making the change and link to the public discussion where this was agreed by the community. If there are official branding guidelines to support the colour choice, please link to those too.
Here we can reach a consensus.

And report here:
https://github.com/github/linguist/discussions/6189
coderJeff
Site Admin

Re: FreeBASIC color on GitHub

Post by coderJeff »

Where is an example of the colour usage?

To be honest, not something that I have ever thought about.
Xusinboy Bekchanov

Post by Xusinboy Bekchanov »

coderJeff wrote: Nov 25, 2022 14:08 Where is an example of the colour usage?
Here:

There the suggested color suits me too:
coderJeff wrote: Nov 25, 2022 14:08 To be honest, not something that I have ever thought about.
Please suggest your option.

We can choose a color from this forum.
TeeEmCee

Post by TeeEmCee »

I can't complain about the current colour, but it does make sense to make it distinct from VBA, from which was the Linguist definition was copied IIRC. I think a saturated colour such as that blue is easier to tell apart.