Chatting with AI

General discussion for topics related to the FreeBASIC project or its community.
Provoni

Re: Chatting with AI

Post by Provoni »

Luxan wrote: May 08, 2023 23:32 I wouldn't trust it for critical tasks, unless there's another component that's able to
test the output.
I agree. The only thing that you can do is let a human panel verify every output but that defeats the purpose. In time, and that may be soon, we may be able to trust it with critical tasks. One of the issues now is jailbreaks, because another system may be able to hill-climb an attack on a static neural network, these attacks could be mitigated by having multiple neural network models verifying eachother.

I think the current best ChatGPT has 10 trillion neurons, which is allot more than the human brain. And according to Nvidia it may be possible to train models with 10 quadrillion neurons in about 10 years. Excluding algorithmic improvements we need just 2 things right now, compute and data. You can bet they will do anything to get any data including breaking every law in the book.

Combine super aggresive data mining + ever expanding AI and our freedom will be stripped. We still will have perceived freedom but we'll just be puppets on strings and it's already happening right now. A very large percentage of the population is just hooked to their smartphone, endlessly scrolling down on their feed, which in turn feeds the AI even more data.
BasicCoder2

Re: Chatting with AI

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Provoni
I think the current best ChatGPT has 10 trillion neurons, which is allot more than the human brain.
I would question what constitutes a "neuron" in the neural net vs a neuron in the brain.

Also quantity does not mean quality.

ChatGPT does have a good computer memory and can generate a human language output of those memories. Computers are used to store data for perfect recall. However intelligence itself is not the ability to remember a lot of facts. Einstein did not have a great memory. Quiz masters are not necessarily any smarter than ordinary people.

Monkeys have shown they can remember better than us. They just don't have the intelligence to make use of those memories the way we do.

https://youtu.be/nTgeLEWr614

A lot of the power of science is to reduce many facts to a few laws. It is not the ability recall lots of facts it is more the ability to make sense of those facts.