Win 11 installation problem

Windows specific questions.
creekside_miller

Win 11 installation problem

Post by creekside_miller »

Installed FreeBasic with scoop. Attempt to run fires up a window which disappears immediately. Disabled windows defender. No Change. Can't think of anything else. Can anyone help? Thanks - Richard
fxm

Re: Win 11 installation problem

Post by fxm »

Did you put for example a 'Sleep' at the end of your code to execute ?
nehakakar

Post by nehakakar »

creekside_miller wrote: Nov 04, 2023 1:43 Installed FreeBasic with scoop. Attempt to run fires up a window which disappears immediately. Disabled windows defender. No Change. Can't think of anything else. Can anyone help? Thanks - Richard
I think there will be a lot of problem so you should follow official documentation of the Window11 installation process .
Last edited by nehakakar on Jan 03, 2024 6:33, edited 1 time in total.
Lothar Schirm

Post by Lothar Schirm »

Which problems do you mean? What do you mean by following the Microsoft installation process?

Just download FreeBASIC from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbc/files/, unzip all files into a folder (e.g. C:\FreeBASIC) and configure your IDE (set compiler path and compiler options). No problems for me with Windows 11. There is also a FB help file. Have a look at viewtopic.php?t=32498.

Good luck!
Imortis

Post by Imortis »

creekside_miller wrote: Nov 04, 2023 1:43 Installed FreeBasic with scoop. Attempt to run fires up a window which disappears immediately. Disabled windows defender. No Change. Can't think of anything else. Can anyone help? Thanks - Richard
FBC is a command line program. It is opening the console and closing it as soon as the program finishes running.

I am not sure how it is done in Windows 11, but in Windows 10, you can click in the address bar above the folder contents and type "cmd" with no quotes, and hit enter.

From the console you can type fbc to see what it does when no file is passed to it.

Likely, though. You want an IDE. If you go to the Projects forum, you will find many to choose from. I recommend WinFBE as it is pre-configured with a version of the compiler.
nehakakar

Post by nehakakar »

By Microsoft installation process I meant Windows 11 installation process and sorry for my mistake.

Thank you.
vsm_user

Post by vsm_user »

Hi , I'm getting the exact same problem as you. Did you get around to fixing it, and how? Thanks in advance!