fbide.exe-Application Error FIXED

New to FreeBASIC? Post your questions here.
BasicCoder2

fbide.exe-Application Error FIXED

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Anyone experience this? On clicking the FBide icon either on the desktop or start bar this window pops up.

fbide.exe-Application Error
[X] The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).
Click to close the application. [ OK ]

For a while I "fixed" it by turning the computer off and restarting windows11 but now it seems permanent?
I also tried clicking the icon in the folder in which the app is stored. Same error.
Last edited by BasicCoder2 on May 06, 2024 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
fxm

Re: fbide.exe-Application Error

Post by fxm »

fxm wrote:I confirm (seen today with Win 10) that the execution attempt of FBIde can abort (rarely) due to the old mingwm10.dll file included in the FBIde download.
The fix is to replace this old file with a newer one, as described below by Sebastian:
Sebastian wrote:Hello,

I saw the issue on a Windows 7 x64 PC recently.

In that case the problem was related to the obviously very old "mingwm10.dll" included with the FBIDE download. I downloaded a newer version of the DLL from the MingW sourceforge site and replaced FBIDE's "mingwm10.dll" with the file of the same name contained in the download ("bin" subfolder):

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/ ... z/download

In my case it looks like this:

Moreover, make sure to have the MSVCRT runtime library installed. (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable)

Best regards,
Sebastian

PS: Usage of the approach at one's own risk! No warranty and liability!
fxm wrote:
fxm wrote:I am with Win7 on my professional PC.
Often, I get a similar error message (error 0xc0000005), at any FBIde execution attempt (versions 0.4, 0.4.3, 0.4.6) after a PC boot.
Generally, closing then opening a new Windows session is sufficient to solve the problem, but sometimes a full reboot is required.
Remark: by cons, the oldest version "FBIde v0.3.3a" is always working!
Now with Win 10, I very rarely have such an error message when launching FBIde with Win10.
The next time I get it, I will exchange the 2 mingwm10.dll files without restarting the computer, to test your solution.
BasicCoder2

Re: fbide.exe-Application Error FIXED

Post by BasicCoder2 »

Thank you fxm that seems to have fixed the problem.