The FreeBASIC Games Directory forum (change to a new loc)

Game development specific discussions.
relsoft

Post by relsoft »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:I have no idea what my business at QB-64 forum (in which I was lured in by a deleted post in this forum) has to do with my FBGD stuff. Clippy, get a grip!
Well, I've read this post and you had it coming Dean(Lachie). I haven't used QB sixty-four but this is why the FB community is sometimes viewed as "elistists". For these guys, QB sixty-four is the future and not FB. So posting what you posted would be viewed as blasphemy.

An analogy is someone from the purebasic community saying "FB sucks because it's free". Which we all know is far from the truth.

It's better for the FB community to stay away from any network 54 forums nowadays. I usually visit that forum but I never post because of the "hatred" for FB users there.

BTW, why is CUBEE 64 not permitted in these forums?
Dr_D

Post by Dr_D »

relsoft wrote:
Lachie Dazdarian wrote:I have no idea what my business at QB-64 forum (in which I was lured in by a deleted post in this forum) has to do with my FBGD stuff. Clippy, get a grip!
Well, I've read this post and you had it coming Dean(Lachie). I haven't used QB sixty-four but this is why the FB community is sometimes viewed as "elistists". For these guys, QB sixty-four is the future and not FB. So posting what you posted would be viewed as blasphemy.

An analogy is someone from the purebasic community saying "FB sucks because it's free". Which we all know is far from the truth.

It's better for the FB community to stay away from any network 54 forums nowadays. I usually visit that forum but I never post because of the "hatred" for FB users there.

BTW, why is CUBEE 64 not permitted in these forums?

Agreed. If we all keep that attitude, everyone will be better off. I know, I know... I've done my fair share of things, so I'm basically pointing at myself. :p
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

We had a problem with the FBGD forum database today. This has been fixed now.

I apologize for all the inconveniences
mathwizard44

Post by mathwizard44 »

Are text-mode games allowed in the FBGD? I saw this one really cool rotating puzzle on someone's old cellphone a while back, and I have an idea to implement it in FreeBASIC.

Perhaps as long as it looks the same on DOS and Linux? (You can probably tell I haven't been programming for a while... ^_^) But I would like to contribute.
Lachie Dazdarian

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Yes, do contribute!

Join our forum!

And all.

:P

But really, the only requirement is that your game is a FB game.
counting_pine
Site Admin

Post by counting_pine »

(Note: "uneven window" thread split to here: www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13441)
Alex Khan

Re: The FreeBASIC Games Directory forum (change to a new loc

Post by Alex Khan »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:After consultations with cha0s and v1ctor, it has been decided that, among other things, this sub-forum will be the official forum of the FreeBASIC Games Directory. So if you see questions regarding FBGD posted here, don't go berserk.

The FreeBASIC Games Directory URL: http://games.freebasic.net

EDIT:

As of 25.12.2007 FreeBASIC Games Directory has its own forum at http://games.freebasic.net/forum
This does not make sense Lachie!

So should I stop visiting this site's Game Dev forum?

Why do I have to visit two different forums for my Free basic ame Dev needs?

I have to now create another account there too?

By the way ... Nice tutorials the sheep game and collision detection was very helpful. :)