JellyFish Pro Editor (Version 1.65, Aug 26, 2005)

User projects written in or related to FreeBASIC.
PaulSquires

JellyFish Pro Editor (Version 1.65, Aug 26, 2005)

Post by PaulSquires »

Hi Everyone,

I just uploaded a new version of the JellyFish Pro Editor for FreeBASIC. You can download it from:

http://www.planetsquires.com/jellyfishpro_freebasic.htm

... or, you can get it from:

File Anchor:
http://fileanchor.com/1715-d

Here are the changes. I hope that you guys get good use out of the editor and the new additions.

Changes: August 26, 2005 (1.65)

- Chr(160)'s are removed from the clipboard during a paste. This allows the user to copy and paste code directly from the FreeBASIC Forum without compile time errors.

- The temporary log file generated by the compiler is no longer deleted. The file is named "compiler.log".

- Added the <E> option in order to pass the compiled EXE's name to a User Tool.

- Added a preprocessor to the compile process. The source file being compiled is checked for special directives that get sent to the compiler.

'#COMPILE EXE|DLL|LIB
'#RESOURCE myresource.rc
'#DEBUG ON|OFF
'#LIBPATH libpath
'#PROFILE ON|OFF
'#CONSOLE ON|OFF

- Updated the Help file.

Any questions, please let me know.

Paul Squires
http://www.planetsquires.com
FireFly Visual Designer, JellyFish Pro Editor, Cheetah Database System
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

thanks so much
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

If you have downloaded JellyFish and are using it as your FreeBASIC code editor then please post here. I would like to get an idea of the number of people that are using this editor. I guess that the number of users will dictate how much "love" I will put into adding new features.

:-)

Thanks,

Paul
Jerry Fielden

Post by Jerry Fielden »

I use it.

I miss one thing, Select All is not in the Right Click Menu along with Copy and Paste.
MichaelR

Post by MichaelR »

I too use it.

Anyway on the compiler.log file that you could tweak the output to have CrLf's so it would open better inside of notepad? Right now its all on a single line.
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

\o_

lol

i use it and i love it
Aquarius

Post by Aquarius »

I use both JellyFish Pro (for big projects) and FBIde (when I write/test small code snippets) \o/
VonGodric

Post by VonGodric »

nice, but ( it's my personal opinion ) adding

Code: Select all

'#COMPILE EXE|DLL|LIB 
'#RESOURCE myresource.rc 
'#DEBUG ON|OFF 
'#LIBPATH libpath 
'#PROFILE ON|OFF 
'#CONSOLE ON|OFF 
support while a nice idea -should be done in some other way( project files / settings ) but not into the code itself. reason is simple -it makes code written in your ide uncompileable or not behave as expected if compiled in other ide's / cmd line. That is the reason I haven't added this option into fbide.
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

VonGodric wrote:nice, but ( it's my personal opinion ) adding

Code: Select all

'#COMPILE EXE|DLL|LIB 
'#RESOURCE myresource.rc 
'#DEBUG ON|OFF 
'#LIBPATH libpath 
'#PROFILE ON|OFF 
'#CONSOLE ON|OFF 
support while a nice idea -should be done in some other way( project files / settings ) but not into the code itself. reason is simple -it makes code written in your ide uncompileable or not behave as expected if compiled in other ide's / cmd line. That is the reason I haven't added this option into fbide.
True, but if the programmer switches ide's then they would have to update the other ide's compile parameters anyway. So either way the user will have to do additional work. I guess there is a tradeoff between ease of use in adding the directives directly in the code and the possibility that the code would be used in another ide. Eventually, I would hope that such directives would form part of the FB preprocessor. If you are the type of programmer that only uses one ide and only uses code for your own purposes then the above style directives are ideal for making life a little easier. :-)
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

MichaelR wrote:Anyway on the compiler.log file that you could tweak the output to have CrLf's so it would open better inside of notepad? Right now its all on a single line.
Ah yes, that is the way that the FB compiler spits out the log file (with only lf's). I can easily change that.

I don't notice the problem because I open the files in editors that handle the lf as if it were a crlf (example, UltraEdit, JellyFish).
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

Jerry Fielden wrote:I miss one thing, Select All is not in the Right Click Menu along with Copy and Paste.
No problem Jerry, consider that fixed. I'll put it in the next update. I always use Ctrl+A for selecting all so I guess that I never thought of adding it to the right click menu.
Rufus

JellyFish Pro Editor

Post by Rufus »

Thank's for writing the editor and making it available to us.

I downloaded it a little while ago. I switch between JellyFish and FB IDE as the mood takes me. It is nice to have a choice.
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

a couple of issues;

this is how ive filled out the tool form for GDB. it doesnt seem to work, when i select it from the View > GDB, it just does nothing. same if i set it to a hotkey... something im missing?

also... it would be HUGE if you could add something that would make multiple modules easier. the thing is, as it is now, you can type in compiler params. the problem is, these always come before the bas, so you can't specify modules. if you made another form, that was appended after the options and the main .bas, then you could do multiple modules.

example...
fbc -g convert.bas modules\load_image.bas modules\putlayer.bas

thanks for your time ^^
PaulSquires

Post by PaulSquires »

hmmm... yeah, I see what you mean. Try checking the option to "Wait for Tool to complete before continuing". That seemed to work.

I will take a look at your other request for the multiple modules as well. :-)
cha0s
Site Admin

Post by cha0s »

that option works, Thanks